The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How to Raise Funds for Program without Existing User Base

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

riverofwind

PARKED
Nov 26, 2020
Hi I have created a data backup / file folder sync program. I put 10 years of IT experience into the program to make it the ultimate program of its kind; I know exactly what I want in such a program.

The program is almost complete, it just needs two or so months of work to complete. I need to renew my Qt subscription (a tool for making the program) to continue programming for $948 for another year. Once I complete the program I plan on submitting to a first page Google review site and get a permanent link on the site for $5000 (guaranteed traffic!). And of course it would be nice to be paid for the remaining work to be done.

Is it possible for me to raise funding maybe from some angel investors even though I have no revenue to back me up yet and have no existing user base? If so what is a good angel investor platform to use? If not what do I need to do to secure some funding? Anything else to know that is relevant?

Thanks!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

alexkuzmov

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hi I have created a data backup / file folder sync program. I put 10 years of IT experience into the program to make it the ultimate program of its kind; I know exactly what I want in such a program.

The program is almost complete, it just needs two or so months of work to complete. I need to renew my Qt subscription (a tool for making the program) to continue programming for $948 for another year. Once I complete the program I plan on submitting to a first page Google review site and get a permanent link on the site for $5000 (guaranteed traffic!). And of course it would be nice to be paid for the remaining work to be done.

Is it possible for me to raise funding maybe from some angel investors even though I have no revenue to back me up yet and have no existing user base? If so what is a good angel investor platform to use? If not what do I need to do to secure some funding? Anything else to know that is relevant?

Thanks!
Its a tricky question.
First of, how do you know people will use what you`ve coded?

riverofwind

PARKED
Nov 26, 2020
Its a tricky question.
First of, how do you know people will use what you`ve coded?
Don't know for sure but I'm optimistic with my baby :) I did rewrite the approach to file history and packed all the features of a more expensive program into my program for 1/2-1/3 the price. There are other lesser reasons as well...

alexkuzmov

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Don't know for sure but I'm optimistic with my baby :) I did rewrite the approach to file history and packed all the features of a more expensive program into my program for 1/2-1/3 the price. There are other lesser reasons as well...
Investing aside, you need to prove your idea for your own sake.
Maybe you need the money, but you need to know what the market thinks more than that.
Focus on making a sale or getting people to use it.
All else comes after.

riverofwind

PARKED
Nov 26, 2020
Investing aside, you need to prove your idea for your own sake.
Maybe you need the money, but you need to know what the market thinks more than that.
Focus on making a sale or getting people to use it.
All else comes after.
Thanks Alex. Problem is it's a data backup program so I don't think anybody would trust it without a solid review on a review site or something comparable; nobody wants to risk their data using an unknown program. I tried a round of Facebook ads and got nowhere. A tricky situation all around. My website is very amateurish. I've seen similar classes of products make it big i.e. nirsoft, karen's power tools, faststone etc I have no idea how they managed to break into the scene in the first place though.

alexkuzmov

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Thanks Alex. Problem is it's a data backup program so I don't think anybody would trust it without a solid review on a review site or something comparable; nobody wants to risk their data using an unknown program. I tried a round of Facebook ads and got nowhere. A tricky situation all around. My website is very amateurish. I've seen similar classes of products make it big i.e. nirsoft, karen's power tools, faststone etc I have no idea how they managed to break into the scene in the first place though.
To be honest I didnt know there was even a market for data backup services.
My best guess is to start from: "Who is your client?"
Is it a regular person?
A business offering website hosting?
A business which handles large volumes of data each day?
Photographers?
Not sure if this helps.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Yeah, your youtube channel is incredible and all the videos I have seen so far are really great...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom