The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to find needs to execute [value/scale/sell]

Wiezel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 15, 2018
The Netherlands
MJ mentioning in his books that he's seeing needs every single day, well I'm not. For sure that's all on me and not being at the same level he is.
What I did learn is that the TMF is telling you to create a business that's giving value or providing solutions, scale it, sell it and enjoy life and follow your passion after all of this.

What are common ways of finding needs? Clearly I'm not seeing it yet or just being to inexperienced (24y old).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
It doesn't have to be the next Facebook or Amazon. You don't have to reinvent the wheel too. Plus, you don't have to look for the next big idea like Elon Musk did.

How can you not be able seeing needs every single day?

Don't you need water to survive? Look at the mug you use to drink it. Is there anything you can improve?
How about the bottled water? Can you improve the way it's marketed? Or branded.
How about the bottle cap? I heard it's causes pollution. Do something about it.
Can you improve the way drinking water is sold in your local area?
Do you know in my country, some of us still boil water for drinking instead of using the water filter? We are still using non electric kettle. Can you improve it?

Speaking of kettle, can you identify any problems with the current electric kettle you have in your house?

Hope this helps.

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 9, 2018
When I see a road I now see:

Crushed gravel
Construction
Trucking
State bids
Cement
Man power

When I see carpet I now see:

Cloth
Thread
Imports
Material
Warehouse
Installers

When I see paint I now see:
Chemicals
Metal - cans
Distribution
Brushes
Supplies
Customers
Beatification

Pick anything you see and do that exercise, you’d be surprised.

I now see things/materials and wonder who is the wholesale person, where does the metal come from, materials and anything in front of you as “something, somewhere, someone needs” or could create a company with/for us a cool view point.

Etc, etc...besides it’s fun!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matt Hunt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 9, 2019
Go through stuff you have already and think of ways that it could be better. Or services you use, and how they could be improved. Heck, go on Yelp or Amazon and read the bad reviews. People will come right out and tell you what can be improved!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Speaking of kettle, can you identify any problems with the current electric kettle you have in your house?
Could do with one that doesn't burns that quickly.

Not that I burn shit on purpose, but whenever I burn kitchenware by accident, its a pain in the a$$ to try cleaning it off with baking soda or hydrogen peroxide.

How about the bottled water? Can you improve the way it's marketed? Or branded.
A bit of flavouring to bottled water would be good. But not too much until it becomes a soft drink.
I'm dumbfounded to find that people keep drinking Coke because they hate tasteless water.

See if you can put different flavouring than the conventional apple, orange and grape.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.