The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi Everyone! 20 Year Old Action Faker Seeking a 180 Change

LifestyleGem

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Nov 10, 2017
Traveling
Hi everyone! My name's Tristan, I'm 20 years old and I started doing entrepreneur-like ventures starting when I was 14. Always have been doing something. Everything from a recycling business, Ebay flipping venture, graphic design agency (flopped), had some great success with affiliate marketing until it died out, and more. Achieved some success and some failures along the way, but I never really went 110% with anything serious. Looking to change that.

I've always taken a non-serious approach, but I'm finally ready to get serious. I've just reached a point in my life where I'm done thinking small and being an action faker. I want to achieve my goals and dreams.

I'm currently traveling throughout Eastern Europe, and while I have a new project idea there hasn't been any progress on it. To be honest I've been just partying, clubbing and chasing girls the past 3 months, sleeping in late etc. Due to the low cost of living here it hasn't impacted my savings from previous ventures very much. So it has enabled quite a bit of action faking.... So looking to change this by developing a process like MJ talks about.

Tore through the books UNSCRIPTED and the Millionaire Fastlane past few days. Then found this forum and feel like this is the community I need to be around.

P.S To show my commitment I've subscribed to a 1 year INSIDERS subscription.

See you all around!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm currently traveling throughout Eastern Europe, and while I have a new project idea there hasn't been any progress on it. To be honest I've been just partying, clubbing and chasing girls the past 3 months, sleeping in late etc

Don't have any regrets. You're only young once. Live a little, work your butt off, and the rest of your life can be just as exciting.

Welcome to the board.

G

Guest92dX

Your first 2 years were probably action faking because you didn't know what you were doing. It takes like 2 to 3 years to understand this stuff.

Don't blow all your money. You have the tenacity now. Money can help you start FASTER. Money doesn't solve not knowing how to start like many entrepreneurs face.

I'm not even using the word entrepreneur now. I use the word creator. That's what you're doing. Creating something. You don't need a 5 syllable word to describe most things. The most successful creators are the plain talking guys who understand people and seek to understand their self.

Understanding = mastery

LifestyleGem

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Nov 10, 2017
Traveling
I'm not even using the word entrepreneur now. I use the word creator. That's what you're doing. Creating something. You don't need a 5 syllable word to describe most things. The most successful creators are the plain talking guys who understand people and seek to understand their self.

Understanding = mastery

I really like this mentality, I keep seeing the "entrepreneur" and "startup" and "I'M A CEO OF XYZ LLC" being thrown around a lot on reddit and instagram in other circles, with no creation really being done. Heck, I've thrown those words around myself when it doesn't represent reality. I really like the idea of labeling as a "creator", you can see straight through the BS then and puts you in the proper mindset.

LifestyleGem

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Nov 10, 2017
Traveling
Don't blow all your money. You have the tenacity now. Money can help you start FASTER.

Yeah I'll try not to.... I'm going to try and scale an idea of mine that's been bouncing around in my head and I can use that incoming cashflow to offset my basic life expenses (food, rent, etc). Just need to spike it up by providing tons of value quickly and getting some volume going.

What's the best use of my resources at the start in your opinion to go faster?

G

Guest92dX

Exactly.

If every Tom, D*ck, and Harry is an entrepreneur then no one is.

There are people on Reddit who literally say stuff like "getting to a product is easy". Have you ever tried to create a mining or energy company though? Lol.

I stopped posting on Reddit because there are too many trolls and bitter people.

G

Guest92dX

The best use of your time is generating leads. You should know this. Don't doubt yourself.

Creating lots of products is a spray and pray mentality. Creating lots of leads and audience and helping them is a sure fire way that they'll buy something you're interested in even it isn't what you initially though.

LifestyleGem

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Nov 10, 2017
Traveling
The best use of your time is generating leads. You should know this. Don't doubt yourself.

Creating lots of products is a spray and pray mentality. Creating lots of leads and audience and helping them is a sure fire way that they'll buy something you're interested in even it isn't what you initially though.

....Yes, I do know. And thanks for the encouragement man. I KNOW exactly what needs to get done TONIGHT. But I always find ways to not get things done. I'm considering getting some coffee and pulling an all-nighter tonight until its finished, this procrastinating needs to stop. Once I get the ball rolling I know I'll be okay, its just that I've been complacent for so long, living off of my previous short term successes, that it makes it too easy to push off. I know this sounds lame, but this is the brutally honest truth. I'm putting my ego down and just laying it out there so I can learn and change my habits.

G

Guest92dX

....Yes, I do know. And thanks for the encouragement man. I KNOW exactly what needs to get done TONIGHT. But I always find ways to not get things done. I'm considering getting some coffee and pulling an all-nighter tonight until its finished, this procrastinating needs to stop. Once I get the ball rolling I know I'll be okay, its just that I've been complacent for so long, living off of my previous short term successes, that it makes it too easy to push off. I know this sounds lame, but this is the brutally honest truth. I'm putting my ego down and just laying it out there so I can learn and change my habits.

In a fight between willpower and imagination, imagination will always win. You feel you need to procrastinate. Your imagined belief wins. You can't willpower out. It's a gas tank. The imagination is the gas station.

In a fight between emotions and beliefs. Emotions beat patterns and beliefs.

You must reconcile between the safety of procrastination and the freedom of ensuring and following your next passion.

How do you beat a guy you're fighting who you don't understand that wants to help you and the other guy is his bodyguard/lawyer?

You can't win. You have to negotiate with bodyguard/lawyer first. Then you ask the other guy if agrees and will help.

In short, avoid what heavy. Do what's light.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.