The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • NOTICE! If you received MULTIPLE EMAILS from the forum today, please be advised that our monthly email system got caught in a loop and inadvertently might have sent you several emails. The problem has since been fixed and all Unsubscribe Requests will be processed within 24 hours.
  • It's back! As an INSIDER you can now SORT any thread by LIKES. See this post for more info.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

HEP 11% Dividend, price sliding recently, thoughts?

GrayCode

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 23, 2015
HEP Stock

I know @MJ DeMarco has mentioned this stock as one of his dividend plays before. Curious if it's now a buy? 11% is a solid payout. Looks like according to HEP: Dividend Date & History for Holly Energy Partners L.P. they haven't missed a payout in a good bit and their dividend keeps growing YoY.

it's obviously inflated now, since stock price has slid. Thoughts?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Funny you mention HEP, it's and old stalwart on my dividend list and I keep making mental notes to look at it again since its precipitous decline, I'd like to see if anything has fundamentally changed on it. The big div payout tends to hint trouble. Maybe I can get to it this weekend.

Champion

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
11%? Sounds unsustainable!

Im no expert in investing however, so dont take my word for it, but if you have something paying "guaranteed" 11%, know that those 11% are not guaranteed but also carrying risk of downturns.

Best

PizzaOnTheRoof

1% Better Every Day
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Go for dividend GROWTH over dividend YIELD.

My portfolio is sitting around 4% which is considered risky...

OP
OP
GrayCode

GrayCode

FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 23, 2015
Funny you mention HEP, it's and old stalwart on my dividend list and I keep making mental notes to look at it again since its precipitous decline, I'd like to see if anything has fundamentally changed on it. The big div payout tends to hint trouble. Maybe I can get to it this weekend.
I hear they lost a large account which apparently accounted for almost half of their revenue. Not sure how accurate that is. But it also feels like this much of a slide could be an overreaction.

Any update on your end?

11%? Sounds unsustainable!

Im no expert in investing however, so dont take my word for it, but if you have something paying "guaranteed" 11%, know that those 11% are not guaranteed but also carrying risk of downturns.

Best
Of course 100% agreed.

Go for dividend GROWTH over dividend YIELD.

My portfolio is sitting around 4% which is considered risky...
That's the odd thing, they've had dividend growth and consistent payments for years. The reason the yield is inflated is because the stock had a recent slide.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom