What's new

Hello! Ditched the Slowlane Dogma, In Hot Pursuit of TUNEF

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

sonofodin366

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
TL;DR: Hello! 25 year old Canadian w/ small side business happy to have found these books and this forum. Minimum wage jobs until after college, then discovered MJ. Mind-shift= life changed. Now looking to provide value and change my family's life. Pleasure to meet you.

Hi everyone,

I've spent the better part of the past ten years action-faking while searching for the "right book, idea, opportunity, etc" that would allow me to begin living the life I envisioned. Needless to say, I have spent the last ten years mostly disappointed in myself. I'm 25 years old now, married with 2 kids and a third being born in a couple months (my first daughter!!). I want to truly be the man my wife and kids see when they look at me.

While allowing myself to be programmed by the doctrine of Robert Kiyosaki, David Chilton, and others of that persuasion, I knew something was off. Future riches? Disciplined frugality to the point of suffering? 10% each month till 65? I'll be old then. Or dead. I'm too impatient and too full of life to accept that. Besides, I love Starbucks coffee! (Just kidding! But not really.) Despite that gnawing feeling that I was being lied to, I did indeed accept it and beat myself down to believe I had no other options. You can imagine my relief when I realized it was all a scam. And as the best closer in NYC says, when you have a gun to your head, you still have options.

I had kids shortly after graduating high school (which stopped the lesser me back then from pursuing a degree), and worked minimum wage for 5 years. Dish-washing, janitor, factories, disaster restoration, and a shipping warehouse were the scenes of my life. I'm not knocking them--they're just not my prime choices for how I wish to spend my days. So I decided when I was 23 to go to college and escape that minimum wage life. So I did it. I was hired before I graduated into a field that now pays me more than double what I have ever earned in my life. It's a good base. Beautiful feeling (except the student debt haha), but I digress.

While in college, I also started a side-hustle with my wife. It doesn't adhere to the CENTS model, but I did not know about that when I started this business. We handcraft products that sell on Etsy (violating all of the commandments except need and sort ). We use our profit to pay down debt and pay bills. It's been a great educational experience.

When I discovered MJ's work, I realized that I can do better than I am. With business, but also as a man. My family deserves better than the life I am currently providing. Aside from that motivator, I also have immense value to offer the world. However, this will not be achieved with the way I currently am. I am undisciplined, a little lazy, and a lot of other not great things. But the good exists, too, and the parts of me I choose to feed are the ones that lead the way.

Thanks for reading, and I am happy to share the pursuit of life and liberty with all of you.

-sonofodin

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today