The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello all. I'm new, and I have a fun story for you.

robust_money

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Oct 22, 2019
I've never really been active on forums before, but I've enjoyed the discussions here so far, and would love to become part of the community.

Anyway, here's a bit about me.

I'm a 22 year old Russian guy living in Sweden, and I recently started working full time as a copywriter / content writer.

A year and a bit ago I was working part time in a restaurant kitchen with little ambition for the future.
I started out doing telephone sales, got involved with the "marketing" team on the side.

One evening, at around midnight, I received an email from one of our US-based investors / team leads that I thought was way out of line (he CCed the CEO and my manager at the time). I got agita, and couldn't sleep. So I got up, turned on my desktop, and started typing away.

I spoke my mind, and subtly made it clear that I wasn't going to take his shit and that his criticism was unfounded ( backed it up, too ). I knew I did the right thing in my mind, and stood up for what I believed in. Sent the email and CCed the CEO and manager so they could see as well. When I woke up, I considered the possibility that I'd get fired.

Instead I came into the office and got a high five from the CEO and the words "that was the most beautiful email I've read all year. It was like poetry, and the most subtle and classy "F*ck you" I've ever read." He ended up showing it to all the "big boys" at work, and they all appreciated my bravado. (and then Albert Einstein arrived, gave me $1000 dollars, and everyone clapped. Not really, but the rest is true.)

It was a bit of a confidence boost, to put it lightly. Not trying to toot my own horn, but it was a pretty nice lesson that showed me that ballsy moves ( with a solid foundation ) can really pay off and give you a boost. Stand up for what you know is right, my dudes. Integrity is worth more than kissing

Moments of elation like that are usually followed by spells of feeling hopeless or not seeing meaning, and the cycle repeats. Hard to be stable when you're my age and round off each week with some intense drinking / partying. The pendulum swings.

Anyway, ever since discovering copy-writing as a career, I've started to gain some vision or at least idea of what I want to do and where I'm going, but the ride is still gonna be bumpy. I make meager bucks at the moment, but I see green dollar signs in the future.

I want to get as much experience at this job as I can and then hopefully move to London and try to hustle in the big city.

I think hopelessness is an affliction, and it's spread (and spreading) quickly. I see it in my close friends, and I don't like it one bit. I think most people here would probably agree with that sentiment.

Here's to having a clear vision, and achieving it. F*ck anything else. Let's get it, boys and girls.

Whether you want to impart some of your wisdom on this young buck, or just want to say hi... Let's hear it. Don't leave me hanging. (lol)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Hello to forums, the story is great introduction :)

Btw. since you consider London,it might be pricey to live there and copywriting can be done remotely why not to live somewhere cheaper and more sunny place?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Instead I came into the office and got a high five from the CEO and the words "that was the most beautiful email I've read all year. It was like poetry, and the most subtle and classy "F*ck you" I've ever read."

Love it! I have been the Black Belt giver and recipient of that lovely indirect TKO.

Fun story you delivered.

robust_money

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Oct 22, 2019
Hello to forums, the story is great introduction :)

Btw. since you consider London,it might be pricey to live there and copywriting can be done remotely why not to live somewhere cheaper and more sunny place?

I thought we're all here to overcome the concept of what's "expensive".

Hehe, but nah. London is there to put a fire under my a$$ and provide me and my girl with some opportunities that we wouldn't get here in Sweden. I've made a plan, and think I can make it work.

Sweden is a very comfortable country to live in with very little incentive to break out of the mold and "make it". At this stage of my life, while I'm young and have minimal responsibility, I'd like to try out an adventure, and go from there. If I was single, I'd probably just go to south east Asia like the other "nomads" and probably get chlamydia or something.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I thought we're all here to overcome the concept of what's "expensive".
Lol, that's true :)

Hehe, but nah. London is there to put a fire under my a$$ and provide me and my girl with some opportunities that we wouldn't get here in Sweden. I've made a plan, and think I can make it work.

Sweden is a very comfortable country to live in with very little incentive to break out of the mold and "make it". At this stage of my life, while I'm young and have minimal responsibility, I'd like to try out an adventure, and go from there. If I was single, I'd probably just go to south east Asia like the other "nomads" and probably get chlamydia or something.
Oh i see now. Good luck than!

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
I've never really been active on forums before, but I've enjoyed the discussions here so far, and would love to become part of the community.

Anyway, here's a bit about me.

I'm a 22 year old Russian guy living in Sweden, and I recently started working full time as a copywriter / content writer.

A year and a bit ago I was working part time in a restaurant kitchen with little ambition for the future.
I started out doing telephone sales, got involved with the "marketing" team on the side.

One evening, at around midnight, I received an email from one of our US-based investors / team leads that I thought was way out of line (he CCed the CEO and my manager at the time). I got agita, and couldn't sleep. So I got up, turned on my desktop, and started typing away.

I spoke my mind, and subtly made it clear that I wasn't going to take his shit and that his criticism was unfounded ( backed it up, too ). I knew I did the right thing in my mind, and stood up for what I believed in. Sent the email and CCed the CEO and manager so they could see as well. When I woke up, I considered the possibility that I'd get fired.

Instead I came into the office and got a high five from the CEO and the words "that was the most beautiful email I've read all year. It was like poetry, and the most subtle and classy "F*ck you" I've ever read." He ended up showing it to all the "big boys" at work, and they all appreciated my bravado. (and then Albert Einstein arrived, gave me $1000 dollars, and everyone clapped. Not really, but the rest is true.)

It was a bit of a confidence boost, to put it lightly. Not trying to toot my own horn, but it was a pretty nice lesson that showed me that ballsy moves ( with a solid foundation ) can really pay off and give you a boost. Stand up for what you know is right, my dudes. Integrity is worth more than kissing

Moments of elation like that are usually followed by spells of feeling hopeless or not seeing meaning, and the cycle repeats. Hard to be stable when you're my age and round off each week with some intense drinking / partying. The pendulum swings.

Anyway, ever since discovering copy-writing as a career, I've started to gain some vision or at least idea of what I want to do and where I'm going, but the ride is still gonna be bumpy. I make meager bucks at the moment, but I see green dollar signs in the future.

I want to get as much experience at this job as I can and then hopefully move to London and try to hustle in the big city.

I think hopelessness is an affliction, and it's spread (and spreading) quickly. I see it in my close friends, and I don't like it one bit. I think most people here would probably agree with that sentiment.

Here's to having a clear vision, and achieving it. F*ck anything else. Let's get it, boys and girls.

Whether you want to impart some of your wisdom on this young buck, or just want to say hi... Let's hear it. Don't leave me hanging. (lol)

Hey welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're here. I'm pretty new too.
I love your story, and from what I can tell from my experience, taking risks can lead to huge growth.

The hopelessness is real, but I also found out that it is exacerbated by alcohol abuse and partying. It affected me physically. I started paying attention to my mood and then noted my diet and activity and I found a pattern. I found that spending time in a bar was not worth it. I mostly abstain from alcohol because it slows me down. Do not be afraid to cut loose all of the parts of you that aren't up to the task. I remind myself of this daily, because like you I feel down from time to time, and alcohol does not help the situation.

Now I feel one or two hopeless days out of 7, which isn't bad. Used to be 7/7.

I like your attitude and your energy, I look forward to witnessing your growth.

robust_money

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Oct 22, 2019
Hey welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're here. I'm pretty new too.

Hey man, thanks for the sincere reply. Appreciate it!

You're right, and I'll probably work towards doing less of that sort of thing in the next year or two. I don't see it as much of a problem, rather an inevitability. I sort of need that weekly release. See friends, drink a bit, the whole shebang. Breaks up the monotony. I'm worried I'd go crazy without it. All work and no play makes Jack a something something.

How old were you when you realized that you needed to cut out that part of your life? If you don't mind me asking.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Hey man, thanks for the sincere reply. Appreciate it!

You're right, and I'll probably work towards doing less of that sort of thing in the next year or two. I don't see it as much of a problem, rather an inevitability. I sort of need that weekly release. See friends, drink a bit, the whole shebang. Breaks up the monotony. I'm worried I'd go crazy without it. All work and no play makes Jack a something something.

How old were you when you realized that you needed to cut out that part of your life? If you don't mind me asking.
I realized it in my late 20s and didn't do anything about it until my mid 30s.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...