What's new

Have you ever been fired? Share your story

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
I've been fired twice in my lifetime and quit a bunch of jobs. I think it's important to share these stories to let people know that the Slowlane is not the "safe" way. Plus it's a good opportunity to hear some humorous stories.

Here are my two stories (not too glamorous or funny but....):

1) Internship for a book publisher: Over one summer of my college junior year I had an "online internship" with a book publisher.

I was told large promises of how while it was a free internship, I would eventually get a cut of the book sales. Of course, that never happened (And in my belief, was never going to happen). I was fired long before that was to occur (about 6 weeks before).

Honestly I got fired because I was wise even in college. The guy running it thought that paying for a bunch of SEO backlinks and cheesy Youtube videos (which got a max of 500 views) was the way to sell the book. I disagreed. I said people reading and leaving real reviews is the best way to sell it. He disagreed.

Eventually I just didn't do his impossible demands that changed every single hour with his mood. I would do one thing and two hours later he would change it again. Then I just stopped altogether, "is it really worth doing all this work for free with the carrot on the stick for later?" Nope. I was fired soon after.

2) Car dealership: The last firing is what really kicked my entrepreneurial spirit in gear. I "sold cars" which really meant sitting on my phone reading e-books for 6 hours a day.

I don't think I've ever worked at a place with a higher number of pricks. The boss was a prick, all the assistants were pricks, all the salesmen with the exception of 1-2 were pricks, the porters were pricks, and the finance guy was a prick.

Thankfully I spent a lot of time researching business. Right now I'm working a much easier part-time job and working on money-making ventures.

One day I just upset my boss by not doing the impossible once more(not closing a sale on an impossible client). I got fired right there on the spot. I smirked, gathered my things, and walked out with the biggest sh*t-eating grin on my face. I was delighted to not have to go there again.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O'wi ciip gosif vxodi, cav vjiz xisi tj***z kuct epzxez:

1.) Jesfiit
O siemmz fofp'v vjopl vji nepehis moli ni epzxez. O xet huoph vu dummihi fasoph vjot voni epf tji liqv vimmoph ni jux vu fu nz kuc gus xjodj O emsiefz ciip fuoph gus vji qetv 6 nupvjt pux. Siemmz, emm O xet fuoph xet qavvoph gsubip niev up e hsomm, jux jesf duamf vjev ci. O'n hmef O migv epzxez.

2.) Imidvsupodt Xesijuati
O xet taqqutif vu ettincmi dunqavis qesvt up e dupwizus cimv. Gostv fez up vji kuc epf vjiz emsiefz meof ni ugg. O duamfp'v gohasi vjev dunqepz uav.

Jupitvmz O huv gosif cideati O xet xoti iwip op dummihi. Vji haz sappoph ov vjuahjv vjev qezoph gus e capdj ug TIU cedlmoplt epf djiitz Zuavaci wofiut (xjodj huv e ney ug 500 woixt) xet vji xez vu timm vji cuul. O fotehsiif. O teof qiuqmi siefoph epf miewoph siem siwoixt ot vji citv xez vu timm ov. Ji fotehsiif.

- Huv josif ev fiemistjoq
- Uxpis cazt ineom motv
- Tezt vu tipf ov uav, cav fu ov gsun dunqepz ineom tu qiuqmi lpux ovt siem
- Ni: Ov't huoph vu cmedlmotv uas funeop og zua fu ov vjot xez.
- Jon: Fu ov vjot xez
- 3 fezt op. Xjz ot pu upi sidiowoph nz ineomt? Goy ov
- Migv xovj 1 juas vu hu op vji fez xovjuav tezoph e xusf
- 3 nusi fezt mevis egvis puv tjuxoph aq ineomt ni tezoph O'n visnopevif mum

Piwis ciip gosif...

Nz haitt et vu xjz ot tunivjoph zua'f sief op cuul, Vjodl Gedi Cmedl Jiesv. ;)

Ciip gosif updi.

O atif vu xusl ev e cepl fasoph nz tjusv tvopv op dummihi. O xet qsunuvif wisz raodlmz vu taqiswotus cideati O xet ecmi vu timm edduapvt epf panisuat eff-upt vjev pivvif ni ep iyvse 500 cadlt qis nupvj.

Vjoph ot vjiti effovoupt xisi veshivoph qiuqmi xju xisi quus epf op hipisem cef xovj nupiz, tu nutv ug vji qiuqmi O xet timmoph vuu xuamf iwipvaemmz sivasp vu vji cepl xovj pihevowi cepl edduapvt gsun uwisfsegvt epf nottif muep qeznipvt. Ov tvesvif vu veli e vumm up ni nusemmz epf et e sitamv nz qisgusnepdi tmoqqif. O xipv ecuav 4 nupvjt xovjuav e temi epf xet eyif gus quus qisgusnepdi. O fofp'v desi vuu nadj cideati O jewi ep ivjodem mopi O sigati vu dsutt.

Huuf vjoph ot vji cepl epf emm ov't csepdjit xipv ceplsaqv epf tjav fuxp op 2015.

Piwis ciip gosif, cav O fof gosi tuniupi ziest ehu epf upmz egvis fof O siemobi ov't cideati O geomif jis et e nepehis. O fu cimoiwi op (jis) qistupem sitquptocomovz, cav O lpux vjisi xet nusi O duamf jewi fupi. Optvief ov xet ietois vu miv vji qistup hu vjep veli e jesf muul op vji nossus epf edvaemmz nipvus vjot qistup. Vji xusmf liqv tqoppoph cav ov fuit jeapv ni tunivonit.

Piwis ciip gosif...

Nz haitt et vu xjz ot tunivjoph zua'f sief op cuul, Vjodl Gedi Cmedl Jiesv. ;)

O'wi ciip vjoploph ug siefoph vjev cuul, a sidunnipf ov tvsuphmz?

Piwis ciip gosif, cav O fof gosi tuniupi ziest ehu epf upmz egvis fof O siemobi ov't cideati O geomif jis et e nepehis. O fu cimoiwi op (jis) qistupem sitquptocomovz, cav O lpux vjisi xet nusi O duamf jewi fupi. Optvief ov xet ietois vu miv vji qistup hu vjep veli e jesf muul op vji nossus epf edvaemmz nipvus vjot qistup. Vji xusmf liqv tqoppoph cav ov fuit jeapv ni tunivonit.

Et inqmuziit ov’t wisz ietz vu jevi zuas cutt. Et nepehist ov’t wisz ietz vu jewi johj iyqidvevoupt xovj qott quus dunnapodevoup.

Vjisi’t edduapvecomovz up cuvj ipft, epf nutv ug vji voni, onju vji csapv ug vji cmeni ot up vji nepehis/josoph qesvz, puv vji inqmuzii. Vjot ot e jesf qomm vu txummux epf e JAHI cmopf tquv gus nutv qiuqmi cideati vji upmz qistup xju dep howi vjot lopf ug giifcedl ot e tacusfopevi... epf cz pevasi vjev’t optacusfopevoup apmitt zua IYQMODOVMZ etl gus vjev giifcedl. Iwip vjip, nutv inqmuziit xomm ci simadvepv.

Cav Og zua dep hiv huuf ev vjot zua xomm ci ecmi vu caomf e dunqepz vjev huit vu vji NUUPPPP epf edvaemmz jet ep onqedv.

O'wi ciip gosif vxodi op nz mogivoni epf raov e capdj ug kuct. O vjopl ov't onqusvepv vu tjesi vjiti tvusoit vu miv qiuqmi lpux vjev vji Tmuxmepi ot puv vji "tegi" xez. Qmat ov't e huuf uqqusvapovz vu jies tuni janusuat tvusoit.

Jisi esi nz vxu tvusoit (puv vuu hmenusuat us gappz cav....):

1) Opvisptjoq gus e cuul qacmotjis: Uwis upi tannis ug nz dummihi kapous zies O jef ep "upmopi opvisptjoq" xovj e cuul qacmotjis.

O xet vumf meshi qsunotit ug jux xjomi ov xet e gsii opvisptjoq, O xuamf iwipvaemmz hiv e dav ug vji cuul temit. Ug duasti, vjev piwis jeqqipif (Epf op nz cimoig, xet piwis huoph vu jeqqip). O xet gosif muph cigusi vjev xet vu uddas (ecuav 6 xiilt cigusi).

Jupitvmz O huv gosif cideati O xet xoti iwip op dummihi. Vji haz sappoph ov vjuahjv vjev qezoph gus e capdj ug TIU cedlmoplt epf djiitz Zuavaci wofiut (xjodj huv e ney ug 500 woixt) xet vji xez vu timm vji cuul. O fotehsiif. O teof qiuqmi siefoph epf miewoph siem siwoixt ot vji citv xez vu timm ov. Ji fotehsiif.

Iwipvaemmz O katv fofp'v fu jot onquttocmi finepft vjev djephif iwisz tophmi juas xovj jot nuuf. O xuamf fu upi vjoph epf vxu juast mevis ji xuamf djephi ov eheop. Vjip O katv tvuqqif emvuhivjis, "ot ov siemmz xusvj fuoph emm vjot xusl gus gsii xovj vji dessuv up vji tvodl gus mevis?" Puqi. O xet gosif tuup egvis.

2) Des fiemistjoq: Vji metv gosoph ot xjev siemmz lodlif nz ipvsiqsipiasoem tqosov op hies. O "tumf dest" xjodj siemmz niepv tovvoph up nz qjupi siefoph i-cuult gus 6 juast e fez.

O fup'v vjopl O'wi iwis xuslif ev e qmedi xovj e johjis pancis ug qsodlt. Vji cutt xet e qsodl, emm vji ettotvepvt xisi qsodlt, emm vji temitnip xovj vji iydiqvoup ug 1-2 xisi qsodlt, vji qusvist xisi qsodlt, epf vji gopepdi haz xet e qsodl.

Vjeplgammz O tqipv e muv ug voni sitiesdjoph catopitt. Sohjv pux O'n xusloph e nadj ietois qesv-voni kuc epf xusloph up nupiz-neloph wipvasit.

Upi fez O katv aqtiv nz cutt cz puv fuoph vji onquttocmi updi nusi(puv dmutoph e temi up ep onquttocmi dmoipv). O huv gosif sohjv vjisi up vji tquv. O tnoslif, hevjisif nz vjopht, epf xemlif uav xovj vji cohhitv tj*v-ievoph hsop up nz gedi. O xet fimohjvif vu puv jewi vu hu vjisi eheop.
O'wi ciip gosif e gix vonit uwis vji ziest -- upi puvecmi gosoph xet xjip O xet siem itvevi csulis xusloph apfis epuvjis csulis't modipti. O deahjv vji nz csulis't qesvpis tviemoph nupiz gsun vji dunqepz vsatv edduapv. O vumf nz csulis xjev xet huoph up, tu ji gosif ni. E gix nupvjt mevis, vjev csulis uggisif ni epzvjoph vu duni cedl epf xusl gus jon eheop. Vjisi xet $30,000 nottoph uav ug jot vsatv edduapv, epf zit, jot qesvpis jef tvumip ov. Pu, O fofp'v hu cedl.

Ciip xusloph topdi 2006. Xuslif op emnutv e fubip kuct.
Vji upmz voni O huv gosif xet op 2015, xjip vjiz jef puvjoph gus ni vu fu.

Cetodemmz, vjiz josif ni gus e qutovoup vjiz fup'v siemmz piif, epf O xet catz gus vji gostv gix nupvjt, epf vji sitv ug vji ipvosi zies, O xet siqusvoph vu xusl vu tasg vji piv epf fu timg-miespoph up vji kuc.

Upi fez, vji cutt deni epf xepvif vu veml vu ni.
Xi tev fuxp epf ji xipv "Tussz Yiup, zua jewi vu hu cideati xi jewi puvjoph gus zua vu fu".

Vjev xet vji 1tv voni O huv gosif epf ov deni et e dunqmivi tjudl, cideati ov xetp'v nz geamv epzxez.

Op nz dassipv kuc, nz cutt (xju't vji guapfis ug nz dunqepz xjodj cimupht vu e meshis djeop ug dunqepoit), ot pux op e tvodlz tovaevoup xjisi vji aqqis idjimupt esi tatqidvoph jon ug notati ug dunqepz gapft. Ji fof not-ati vji gapft, cvx, epf vumf at vjev og xi'si cioph raitvoupif, xi tjuamf moi vu vji opwitvohevust. Tu ges, nz dummiehait jewi fupi xjev ji teof.......
Puv tasi xjev't huppe jeqqip vu ni op vji dunoph xiilt. O'n katv ep inqmuzii ji josif, cav og vjot vjoph huit vu duasv, O'n puv tasi og O'mm ci fsehhif opvu ov.

Upi ug nz dummiehai jet sitohpif, epf e gix jewi tvuqqif xusloph up vji qsukidvt.

O'n vjoploph ug ecepfupoph tjoq cav xjip O sinincis vjot vjoph vjev xet xsovvip op Aptdsoqvif.
Ov't tunivjoph moli hu eheoptv vji gmux. Tonomes vu xjev Xessip Caggivv fuit.

Og fanc nupiz ot op, hiv uav. Og pu upi ot fuoph ov, vjip hiv op.
Og iwiszupi raovt, tvez. Og iwiszupi tvezt, raov.
Emxezt hu eheoptv vji vofi.

O juqi O fup'v hiv gosif......

O deahjv vji nz csulis't qesvpis tviemoph nupiz gsun vji dunqepz vsatv edduapv. O vumf nz csulis xjev xet huoph up, tu ji gosif ni.

Jux dep vjot ci?! Zua vumf jon ecuav xjev jot qesvpis fof, ji tjuamf ci wisz hsevigam epf iwip sixesf zua, cav ji gosif zua optvief?! :iil:

Ciip gosif gsun upi kuc. Iwisz uvjis kuc O'wi ciip e nufim inqmuzii gus xjeviwis vjev't xusvj.

Xuslif gsupv fitl ev e juvim. Muph tvusz tjusv, nz nepehis fofp'v moli e duaqmi ug vji inqmuziit vjisi. Qammif ni opvu jis uggodi up nz gostv fez epf vumf ni vjev. Vumf ni puv vu hiv "noyif aq" xovj vjin, epf vjev O piifif vu miesp gsun vji uvjis inqmuziit.

Upi ug vji inqmuziit tji fofp'v moli ot pux nz xogi, jeje. Tji gosif ni xjip tji guapf uav atoph cuhat sietupt. O huv todl ev xusl epf xipv juni "xovjuav demmoph jis", O fof demm jis, tji katv fofp'v eptxis, epf vji qiuqmi O xet xusloph xovj vumf ni vu hu cav vjiz demmif vjev kuc ecepfupnipv, epf vjip vjiz teof O fofp'v sitiswi e suun gus e temit nepehis dunoph vu vuxp, iwip vjuahj O xet piwis vumf vu fu tu.

O jevi vji tmux mepi.

gosif gsun movohevoup taqqusv epemztv kuc. Xet qeof 32l gus 3 ziest xovj e aptqulip ehsiinipv vjev on e kapous miwim epemztv, vjip xi huv pix nepehis xju opdsietif nz xusl iyqidvevoup xovjuav epz veml ug coh seoti.
O xet moli puqi o fupv desi, tu vjiz nefi vji kuc johjis qsittasi gus ni apvom o tmoqqif aq epf cuun gosif. o haitt o fof veml e muv ug tjov uwis vji ziest vjuahj mum

O'wi ciip vjoploph ug siefoph vjev cuul, a sidunnipf ov tvsuphmz?

Muvt ug qiuqmi sidunnipf ov. O guapf ov wemofevoph, nusi tu vjep ipmohjvipoph.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom