The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hardcore truth opened my mindset.Need help on the way forward.

Njogu Martin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 16, 2020
Kenya
I am 24 years old from Kenya and also a University graduate with a student loan.I was not into reading books but there is a little voice that would tell me you need to seek knowledge.
I started reading different kind of books on self development until I came across MJ DeMarco's books which hit me with real hardcore truth. Then I joined this forum and each day more truth continue pouring in.Actually this forum has opened my mindset and i wanna thank everyone for what you post it has really helped.
Actually Unscripted had the real truth that I was actually depressed. As I read I could see that I was living a scripted life and and the only way out is to unscript. I have been sold a lie since I was young and everybody else around me is living like that. I work at a dead end job that I don't like which pays minimum wage and I see no future in it . I feel I need to be take another job but the unscripted truth keeps popping in my mind . I try to feed the unscripted truth to my friends but they get defensive because of course am attacking their ego and the beliefs and bullshit they have been fed. I wanna go fastlane but much is happening in my life currently. I live at my aunt's place and I feel my hands a tied coz i got no where else to live other that go back live with my parents . I feel I should just run away and go in a place where I can launch my fastlane journey .I fear getting a job that will me drag into scripted life. I know the journey isn't a joke and am confused on what to do .My mindset is open to more ideas .If your have been in a situation like this of mine or if would have been in such situation what would be your way forward .
What steps would you have taken.
Please help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
I am 24 years old from Kenya and also a University graduate with a student loan.I was not into reading books but there is a little voice that would tell me you need to seek knowledge.
I started reading different kind of books on self development until I came across MJ DeMarco's books which hit me with real hardcore truth. Then I joined this forum and each day more truth continue pouring in.Actually this forum has opened my mindset and i wanna thank everyone for what you post it has really helped.
Actually Unscripted had the real truth that I was actually depressed. As I read I could see that I was living a scripted life and and the only way out is to unscript. I have been sold a lie since I was young and everybody else around me is living like that. I work at a dead end job that I don't like which pays minimum wage and I see no future in it . I feel I need to be take another job but the unscripted truth keeps popping in my mind . I try to feed the unscripted truth to my friends but they get defensive because of course am attacking their ego and the beliefs and bullshit they have been fed. I wanna go fastlane but much is happening in my life currently. I live at my aunt's place and I feel my hands a tied coz i got no where else to live other that go back live with my parents . I feel I should just run away and go in a place where I can launch my fastlane journey .I fear getting a job that will me drag into scripted life. I know the journey isn't a joke and am confused on what to do .My mindset is open to more ideas .If your have been in a situation like this of mine or if would have been in such situation what would be your way forward .
Please help.

Go with your gut. God speed

Adir Barak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 20, 2020
Please help.
There is no turning back now, you shouldn't feel pressured to change your life 180 in a flash, take any fastlane step you can whenever you can, sonner or later you will be on a path.
welcome!

knazzaro710

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 20, 2020
Hi there and welcome!

I understand exactly how you feel. I found TMF while in a graduate school program (which I'm still in) so im pretty much in the center of a scripted life right now. The hardest thing for me as well is being around others who are so content with that life and don't want to hear otherwise. I am starting to learn that no matter what the truth of the matter is, people will believe what they want and not everyone is meant for the entrepreneurial route. At least for me, I am finding it best to not try and persuade the people in my life to believe what I believe. My rule of thumb is to present the information if a conversation turns in that direction, or if people I'm surrounded with show an interest in an unscripted life

In terms of working scripted jobs, We all have to start somewhere. Sometimes, that started place is within an hourly job position, especially if finances are a bit strapped (like me at the moment as well)

While making ends meet through these jobs, I have been working on building a skill that has the potential to be of high value to others. With expertise in a certain skill, there are higher possibilities to build capital that can be put towards a Fastlane business idea. MJ put out a video on it which is an excellent reference right here
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_58zPgArb4&t=325s

Good luck!

Muturu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 20, 2020
Please help.
Hey dude,am Andrew from Kenya also my eyes have get opened after reading TMF and UNSCRIPTED ,i have a different mindset and just realized all the bullshit i have been feed all this years, could you mind us connecting?

Njogu Martin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 16, 2020
Kenya
Hey dude,am Andrew from Kenya also my eyes have get opened after reading TMF and UNSCRIPTED ,i have a different mindset and just realized all the bullshit i have been feed all this years, could you mind us connecting?
I don't mind reach by this number 0713904550

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.