The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From insane to accountable - forging my own path

inshalix

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 1, 2020
The Netherlands
Hello folks, I’ve come a long way and I’m here because I feel I’m not where I want to be in life.

I’ve started to become accountable for my actions and way of life when I realized I’m the sole person who makes or breaks my life. My ‘F*ck you’ moment was a few months after the police picked me up from the street and brought me to a mental hospital. I got in there because I consistently made bad life decisions, but my underlying drive was always that I wanted to break free.

Let’s just say I came to my senses in there. The medication they offered me had no effect on my mental clarity whatsoever, and I realized that the people treating me didn’t really know what was wrong with me. They guessed and diagnosed based on my genetic history, but I knew that this wasn’t the case for me.

I decided right there and then to become accountable for my actions, because I was to become a father. This whole episode is now seven years ago. I threw away my preSCRIPTed medicine and assessed for myself how I ended up there in the first place. And what I needed to do to never have to suffer like that again.
I witnessed fellow patients suffering from relapse, they had to be interned again for a simple ‘not getting their prescription pills’ reason. Their sanity depended on the pills others described to them.
I decided I would do without (control). It was quite a process, but with the right motivation I went from there, essentially homeless, to an accountable guy who picks up his life.

I’ve done some selfstudy and got a certificate for my field, IT. Now I’ve been working for an employer for three years, and witnessed my salary raise from mere minimum wage to 33000 per year - which isn’t bad for someone who doesn’t hold a college degree.

I got onto the entrepreneur track only recently, but I was brought here because I have no pension. My boss advised me to invest in stocks and grow a retirement fund for myself. That triggered me into doing more research, and after just one year of trying slowlane methods- here I am.

I’ve read Kiyosaki’s book on his dads, and that actually changed my perception on how most people live their life. Particularly the phrase: once you get a salary, you start thinking like an employee. (I can’t quote him exactly since it’s been a while, but that’s the essence of it ).
When I did research on Kiyosaki himself and realized he got rich by his books and his fairy tale, not what he actually recommended in his books- I moved on.
With that background, the books of MJ particularly striked a chord within me. My path of self improvement has brought me here, and the dream of freedom reignited.
I left the insane asylum to merely be incorporated into another form of insanity. That the colleagues of mine earned more, but also had to work so hard for it they’re not really happy with their life. And in the long run, their way of life is so stressful it’s unsustainable.
I wouldn’t wish this for myself.

So here I am. I’ve been practicing the mentality of UNSCRIPTED before I even read the book, but the possibility of entrepreneurship is an entirely new concept for me. I’m learning by doing, and I have no idea where the forest takes me. But I am already preparing myself mentally that the day will come I have to tell my boss (who’s like a father to me) I have to quit.

The drive to get there, to sweet liberty, is more intense than ever.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tonibob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 22, 2020
London
Welcome @inshalix and well done for making the decision to change! The most important step is to DECIDE! Once that is in play you will find the way and the meaning for your actions. Well done and I am pretty sure you will find lots of like minded people who can help, share experiences etc.

Have an amazing journey !

inshalix

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 1, 2020
The Netherlands
Welcome @inshalix and well done for making the decision to change! The most important step is to DECIDE! Once that is in play you will find the way and the meaning for your actions. Well done and I am pretty sure you will find lots of like minded people who can help, share experiences etc.

Have an amazing journey !
Thank you so much!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.