The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Action Faker to Fastlaner

tuna

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 6, 2019
Hey Everyone,

I'm Tuna.

I'm 27, considered unemployed by my parents (who I now live with), and have little in terms of funds or prospects. After working in eCommerce, digital marketing, and management for a few years I quit my misery-inducing job and decided to travel the world. This decision was incredible or incredibly foolish depending on who you ask. As my bank account has diminished, so has my enjoyment, and I am now back home and in dire need of a next step. The daydreaming, action faking, and even vacationing must come to an end. Well, at least until I have some recurrent income.

I currently am working on establishing a freelance business selling my skills in web based ventures. At the moment I have one client I have been working with for a few months, but the workload is far too low to generate any considerable revenue. I'm seeking more clients via UpWork and other leads while applying to jobs and doing the occasional side gig. Of course the goal is Fastlane, but I'd rather be on the sidewalk than in the breadline.

My hang up seems to be with the sales process. I get responses then struggle to articulate my offering and move from prospect to close, especially on the phone. Some of this may be due to an internal feeling of lacking credibility because I have no website, social media, contractual agreements, or other aspects of a professional outfit. Hell, I don't even have a company name. These things are all on the to-do list, but my main priority is generating more sales and landing new clients. Less thought. More action.

Anyways, I know this is meant to be an introduction so I won't ramble on.

I have been reading this forum for months so I have seen the great threads by Lex DeVille, Andy Black, Fox, and the dozens of other legends I am forgetting without opening Bookmarks. Many of you have been great help and inspiration during what has been a low point. I look forward to growing with you all and eventually hearing the coveted "you're so lucky" from my legion of critics.

Pedal down Fastlaners.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for your long introduction, its great to see you are becoming active and posting :)

Feel free to PM if you ever have any questions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tuna

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 6, 2019
Hey, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for your long introduction, its great to see you are becoming active and posting :)

Feel free to PM if you ever have any questions.
Thanks Champ. I thought finally posting would help keep me more accountable. I will have to start an execution thread in the next few days.

Wowabunga

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Dec 6, 2019
Polecat Hollar, PA
Hello Tuna...

I took some "time off" away from the grind and it made me a better person.... and yes oh my yes the parents have called me unemployable a time or two. Having hit bottom myself I have a whole lot of respect for others who are climbing their way back up out of the hole.

Henry Ford said something along the line that any battle of any size can be won if you break it into small chunks. Take each area you mentioned and start crossing them off. I've had a horrible time staying organized ( I sell old auto parts to pay the bills and I've got carburetors in the living room, old jacks in the stairway, half a car in parts on the porch ) and I'm finally seeing some clear floor space in the living room. Hey I even have a Christmas Tree up and glowing for the first time in 2 decades.

Make it a Happy Holidays...!
Ramblin Randy

tuna

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 6, 2019
A quick update for those who have posted if interested.

This week I received a few requests to interview for full-time positions and a freelance client. One of the full-time jobs has extended an offer and I still have two more meetings lined up this week.

Good things happening. I'm excited and will likely accept the offer. I know it goes against CENTS but it will be valuable experience and will offer some capital for other ventures.

Looking like Happy Holidays indeed @Wowabunga!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...