The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fortune 50 Employee with second thoughts

ButGregSaid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Aug 9, 2017
Michigan
Hi Everyone,

My name's Greg - (28) I'm the employee of a Fortune 50 Company. I grew up with the 'Slow Lane' Mantra burned into the back of my mind... Stay debt-free, go to school, get great grades, find a job and all my life I believed I was a very fortunate person. But a few years into my job at this Fortune 50 company and I started feeling like something was missing. I wrestled with this sense of... disgust with my situation over the past year.

It's not that the company is bad, or the job even... I just feel like I'm being held back from something bigger. One day I spotted a friend with a Dave Ramsey book... and recalled that I had one on my shelf. So I pulled it book off my shelf (I admittedly had left it there for almost ten years). Then my journey into the world of rethinking the way I do my finances began.

I swept through the Dave Ramsey book within two days... and started my journey slashing my credit cards and living within my means. Naturally, this wasn't enough. So I headed for Barnes and Noble where I found Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Two days later, I'm convinced that this was a destination I wanted to aim for. I just didn't (and still don't) have the guts to take the leap, mostly because I don't know how.

A friend of mine recommended I read MJ's book, so I ordered both of them off Amazon and let them sit for about a week or two. Last week, I went out for a drink with a few coworkers and found out that a couple employees who started two years after I did had at least two promotions on me. Despite having been promised a promotion and outstanding performance reviews... This burned me badly. So I decided to bite and started reading Millionaire Fastlane .

It is a genuinely thought provoking book and I realize the urgency of the situation I'm in. At this point, I'm just looking for a way out of the Slowlane - but I don't have a whole lot of skills up my arsenal.. More of a jack of all trades so to speak, so I'm uncertain as to where I'd like to take the leap. On top of that, the thought of walking out of my 8-5 job and living off a very finite budget is a bit intimidating.

I know this is a journey I want to take, and it's a matter of time before I do. I'm just hoping to meet a few people who've been through the same path before and see if I could gain a mentor or two along the way.

Thanks.
Greg

@MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Welcome Greg! Is never to late to make a change, in which areas have you specialized so far? Good luck and I am sure you will find many interesting people on this forum.

ButGregSaid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Aug 9, 2017
Michigan
Welcome Greg! Is never to late to make a change, in which areas have you specialized so far? Good luck and I am sure you will find many interesting people on this forum.

Thanks Camillo! I appreciate the welcome, fortunately for me I'm still in my late twenties so I can't say I'm very late to the game. :) I've got quite a few... kind of well-rounded, jack-of-all-trades type of person. I've been in Public Affairs, HR, Compliance.. But I've got my eye on real estate, building systems, project management, e-commerce... all those things. Haven't really nailed down one that's sparked something in me yet. Hoped maybe reading a few stories on here might give me some ideas of where my fastlane lies.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
More of a jack of all trades so to speak

Not bad to have as an entrepreneur. We have multiple irons in the fire. I don't consider myself an expert in any 1 thing, just cursory knowledge in a variety of disciplines.

Welcome to the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ButGregSaid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Aug 9, 2017
Michigan
Not bad to have as an entrepreneur. We have multiple irons in the fire. I don't consider myself an expert in any 1 thing, just cursory knowledge in a variety of disciplines.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you, MJ! Already learning quite a bit, looking forward to gaining even more from these forums.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...