The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Former poker player, no education, no money.... let's go!!

nitreg

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 27, 2017
Sacramento
Hey guys.

Here's a quick intro about me and where I'm at and what I hope to learn.

I've been playing poker for an income for close to a decade. I'm 29 now and finding poker to be very unfulfilling. Usually I would make enough money to live and buy stuff like food but I wouldn't work hard and play more to make more. I would just skate by as a 20 something thousand-aire. Even before I read Millionaire Fastlane I was getting a bit tired of poker. What did it have to offer for me in the future? Not much. Also following black friday in 2011, I learned it could be taken away from me at any time for any reason. It just isn't a viable fast lane income stream. It is basically a glorified high stress job.

So I moved to Silicon Valley (down the street from Google) and told myself I'm not going to play poker for a living. I'm going to learn fastlane skills and start something and maybe play poker on the side if I needed extra money. Well, the bay area is so expensive I was basically just making ends meet and didn't accomplish much of anything in my entrepreneurial pursuits.

I taught myself front end web development and have splashed around on some back end stuff. I know whatever I do, the internet is going to be a huge tool to leverage any business. I still don't have any projects that will create value for others but I'm working on a few ideas.

I recently moved to Sacramento to reset my life. In Sac I can afford to breathe and in my free time put in the work to make myself successful. Being in the dumps the last two years has really been a FTE for me. I want out of mediocrity so bad!

Anyway, good to meet you guys. Any recommendations on how to think of ideas would be great. I have an extensive SEO background and front end development skills

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tony Nguyen

Action is the foundational key to all success.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 21, 2014
Ideas are worthless without action, just follow the book it'll guide you well.

As for ideas for business, anyone can sell you an idea, but it's worth nothing without execution
(example what about a flying drone uber service for food?)
Ask yourself these questions.

So there's no point in asking for ideas.

As for your business & ideas follow this guide to help you.
I'm not responsible for anything that you do or happens to you, I'm just giving you this little guide.

IDEA
- Is your IDEA really useful?
- Is your IDEA doable?
- ETC

PROBLEM
- Are you solving a Problem?
- What kind of Problem are you solving?
- ETC

SOLUTION

- What is the solution for those problems?
- Can you fix those problems?
- Can you make a better solution for the problem is there already one?
- ETC

RESULTS
- Test your product
- Test your market
- Test to see if there's profit to be made solving those problems
- ETC

MARKET
- Who is your Market?
- Young Teens, Preadults, Adults, Older Generation, Mechanics, Doctors?
- ETC

BUSINESS PLAN
- Are you looking to make it big and sell it off to a company?
- Are you looking to make it a business and generate passive income?
- Are you looking to make a business so it can be more of a job?
- Why are you looking to get into a business, profit or to solve problems and add value?

EXECUTION
- All of these tips are worthless if you don't actually go do something.
- Just go do it, and learn along the way, improve yourself.

EXIT STRATEGY
- Live Comfortably
- Sell the Company
- whatever you want to do with it.

Remember the more people you affect, the more problems you solve, the more product you sell, the richer you become in assets, time and freedom it's all simple math.
Congratulations on deciding what you want to do with your life and welcome to thefastlaneforums.

Since you already specialized and have expertise in poker, why not come up with an idea around that?

Tony Nguyen

Action is the foundational key to all success.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 21, 2014
@nitreg I highly recommend you become a FASTLANE INSIDERS, I used to be one a ton of valuable information kind of like mentorship, as to why I no longer have the INSIDERS TAG, it's because I'm happy and well off in life right now.

Cheers to your successes may it be small or big.

Logistique

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Sep 21, 2017
Montreal
Hey guys.

Here's a quick intro about me and where I'm at and what I hope to learn.

I've been playing poker for an income for close to a decade. I'm 29 now and finding poker to be very unfulfilling. Usually I would make enough money to live and buy stuff like food but I wouldn't work hard and play more to make more. I would just skate by as a 20 something thousand-aire. Even before I read Millionaire Fastlane I was getting a bit tired of poker. What did it have to offer for me in the future? Not much. Also following black friday in 2011, I learned it could be taken away from me at any time for any reason. It just isn't a viable fast lane income stream. It is basically a glorified high stress job.

So I moved to Silicon Valley (down the street from Google) and told myself I'm not going to play poker for a living. I'm going to learn fastlane skills and start something and maybe play poker on the side if I needed extra money. Well, the bay area is so expensive I was basically just making ends meet and didn't accomplish much of anything in my entrepreneurial pursuits.

I taught myself front end web development and have splashed around on some back end stuff. I know whatever I do, the internet is going to be a huge tool to leverage any business. I still don't have any projects that will create value for others but I'm working on a few ideas.

I recently moved to Sacramento to reset my life. In Sac I can afford to breathe and in my free time put in the work to make myself successful. Being in the dumps the last two years has really been a FTE for me. I want out of mediocrity so bad!

Anyway, good to meet you guys. Any recommendations on how to think of ideas would be great. I have an extensive SEO background and front end development skills

Nice to see another poker player on the board! I played for almost a decade too stopped in 2013. I feel you for Blackfriday I had lot of money at UB and it's all gone. I heard they will give some back but I still didnt see a penny in 6 years!

Here's my story about how I took the Fastlane!
Introduction - Climbing the Next Step

If you need some help im sure I could help you out! You already got some nice advice from Tomy Nguyen it's quite a good start!

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
550%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Heard of Forever Jobless?

It was started by a former forum member (maybe he's still around?) @snowbank who was a former professional poker player. Also built bluefirepoker and challenged obama I believe to a poker match. Sold it for 7 figures.

https://foreverjobless.com/my-story/

Maybe you'll find some very personal inspiration through his info/podcasts/blogs/etc... Also read through his old posts if you want to learn more about his contributions here.

Welcome to the forum!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Lots of ex-poker players here. @JScott also played professionally for a short period of time.

I truly believe poker is the gaming aspect of entrepreneurship because it involves math, reading behavior, deep analysis, and tough decision making.

If you can have success in that arena, I'm sure you can succeed with entrepreneurship.

Welcome to the forum!

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Hey! Just don't want to say that poker is useless... It teaches you a lot about business as well. Position, (hand) value, money management, etc. So it's definitely not a waste.

Now it's time to focus on something that is valueable to others as well!

Good luck with your pursuit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.