The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First shot at escaping the rat race - Now or never

JigenD

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 22, 2017
Slovenia
Hello everyone. I'm not that good with introductory posts in most communities that I have joined in the past. Not because I am very shy, but instead because I am pretty bad at summing up the ideas I have floating around my head. And this is yet another reason why I'm also slow to kickstart new projects and ideas. I overthink too much, sometimes with details that are not that crucial. Funny how what should be a quality can be turned into a fault, if you're at the wrong stage in life.

But enough of that; this is my introduction.

I'm from a rather poor (but very decent in terms of quality of life) European country. I made the mistake of getting into college for a degree which I have no real passion for (Law) without really thinking things forward. Where I live, being a lawyer is very badly paid, just barely above the minimum wage. And the minimum wage is already outrageously low to begin with. Among my peers, those who seem to be "making it" in this area are those who have parents with money and connection. The rest of them are relegated to working overtime in a local office (after a long struggle to land a job).

As I was about to finish my degree, it finally hit me: I'm not gonna spend the rest of my life being poorly paid to work in an area I hate (I have always been primarily interested in philosophy, not Law) without creating a legacy of my own. I don't want to settle for having my first decent car by the time I'm in my mid 40's. But above all, I wanna do things in this world. I have always dreamed about being an accomplished author, and having a publishing house of my own. But for that I need both money and time.

And for these reasons, and many others I may elaborate more upon in the future, I have been working on a website for the past 6 or so months. It wasn't even a niche I knew much about: Sports and Nutrition. I have spent countless hours researching things on my own, reading threads on health-related forums, numerous articles, and a bunch of books I got. Gradually I've also been building my website. I plan to start an affiliate journey with it ASAP. The only thing missing is the traffic, which is the number one thing I'm struggling with. I'm not gonna lie, I need the money and I need it fast, but at the same time, I don't wanna ruin the reputation of this website resorting to 100% blackhat spammy methods, so I'm gonna have to find a middle ground here, where I play the system but I don't reduce the perceived value of the website.

I've just arrived at the forum, and I still don't know if you guys have a specific subforum dedicated to affiliate marketing, but I've already seen a few threads talking about SEO, so I'm hopeful I'll find something. I'm also a member of BlackHatWorld, but sometimes it's hard to find the "value threads" in there, so I'll be hanging in both places for a while. One thing I can already tell I like a lot in here, is the whole "big picture" atitude users seem to have; the idea of having momentum and always thinking forward, instead of being satisfied with a quick buck.

Well I think I've said what I wanted to say for now. Here's to a great 2017 for anyone reading this thread. There's still 4 months before this years is over. Let's make every second count.

P.S. I have another thread coming soon, further detailing what I'm doing at this precise moment. I'm gonna lurk a bit more, just so I know the exact place where to post it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JigenD

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 22, 2017
Slovenia
Are you referring yourself to my rather repetitive terminology? Well, 2 reasons for that: a) It's rather late in here b) English is not my first language, and I wrote the post without revising it too much. I'll read it again and fix any bad grammar that may detract from a clear understanding, but not more than that.

Van Halen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Mar 3, 2017
United Kingdom
Are you referring yourself to my rather repetitive terminology? Well, 2 reasons for that: a) It's rather late in here b) English is not my first language, and I wrote the post without revising it too much. I'll read it again and fix any bad grammar that may detract from a clear understanding, but not more than that.
No. I'm addressing the fact you're thinking like a selfish consumer. I want this, I need that, I want freedom, I want money, I don't want to work

yada yada yada yada

What value can you provide for the marketplace?

JigenD

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 22, 2017
Slovenia
Woah, woah, woah. Slow down champ. Where did I say or imply, I didn't want to work? That's literally what I've been doing for the last few months. What I referred to were my ultimate ambitions. Which all people, including you, have. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Regarding value, right now I believe I have one very useful, very complete and ever expanding database of information regarding nutrition on my website. My only problem is traffic.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Hello everyone. I'm not that good with introductory posts in most communities that I have joined in the past. Not because I am very shy, but instead because I am pretty bad at summing up the ideas I have floating around my head. And this is yet another reason why I'm also slow to kickstart new projects and ideas. I overthink too much, sometimes with details that are not that crucial. Funny how what should be a quality can be turned into a fault, if you're at the wrong stage in life.

But enough of that; this is my introduction.

I'm from a rather poor (but very decent in terms of quality of life) European country. I made the mistake of getting into college for a degree which I have no real passion for (Law) without really thinking things forward. Where I live, being a lawyer is very badly paid, just barely above the minimum wage. And the minimum wage is already outrageously low to begin with. Among my peers, those who seem to be "making it" in this area are those who have parents with money and connection. The rest of them are relegated to working overtime in a local office (after a long struggle to land a job).

As I was about to finish my degree, it finally hit me: I'm not gonna spend the rest of my life being poorly paid to work in an area I hate (I have always been primarily interested in philosophy, not Law) without creating a legacy of my own. I don't want to settle for having my first decent car by the time I'm in my mid 40's. But above all, I wanna do things in this world. I have always dreamed about being an accomplished author, and having a publishing house of my own. But for that I need both money and time.

And for these reasons, and many others I may elaborate more upon in the future, I have been working on a website for the past 6 or so months. It wasn't even a niche I knew much about: Sports and Nutrition. I have spent countless hours researching things on my own, reading threads on health-related forums, numerous articles, and a bunch of books I got. Gradually I've also been building my website. I plan to start an affiliate journey with it ASAP. The only thing missing is the traffic, which is the number one thing I'm struggling with. I'm not gonna lie, I need the money and I need it fast, but at the same time, I don't wanna ruin the reputation of this website resorting to 100% blackhat spammy methods, so I'm gonna have to find a middle ground here, where I play the system but I don't reduce the perceived value of the website.

I've just arrived at the forum, and I still don't know if you guys have a specific subforum dedicated to affiliate marketing, but I've already seen a few threads talking about SEO, so I'm hopeful I'll find something. I'm also a member of BlackHatWorld, but sometimes it's hard to find the "value threads" in there, so I'll be hanging in both places for a while. One thing I can already tell I like a lot in here, is the whole "big picture" atitude users seem to have; the idea of having momentum and always thinking forward, instead of being satisfied with a quick buck.

Well I think I've said what I wanted to say for now. Here's to a great 2017 for anyone reading this thread. There's still 4 months before this years is over. Let's make every second count.

P.S. I have another thread coming soon, further detailing what I'm doing at this precise moment. I'm gonna lurk a bit more, just so I know the exact place where to post it.

welcome,
better change "one shot" to "first shot".

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
welcome

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I'm also a member of BlackHatWorld, but sometimes it's hard to find the "value threads" in there, so I'll be hanging in both places for a while.
You'll probably find yourself spending more time here.
I've been there...never came back.
I was horrified at the mess of money chasing and 'ninja SEO and traffic tricks' written all over the place.
Same goes for Warrior Forum.
But it's not that there's no value at all in those places....its simply what kind of mindset is dominant in the people who congregate there.

The feel I got in BHW was that the marketplace was a sponge to be squeezed, nicked and dimed for every last drop of traffic and sales, as contrasted with the philosophy here on adding value that creates a productocracy. It was insane to learn business with that kind of selfish way. Unfortunately, I see it practiced in mainstream business too, offline.

Just did. Yeah, sounds more realistic, and optimistic too.
Realistic is the word.
There's like a thousand shots to take in business.
Even if you hit your first shot on the mark, we are still living on this planet with all its issues...thus more shots to take lol.

Welcome!

JigenD

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 22, 2017
Slovenia
as contrasted with the philosophy here on adding value that creates a productocracy.

This is exactly what I'm looking for. To create longer term projects, learn more along the way, and keep growing more and more, until I hopefully get to the place I want to be.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Welcome and a friendly reminder: don't be so defensive - folks in this forum rarely confront anyone, let alone bully each other. We're here to help each other grow and succeed.

Best of luck with your future endeavors.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...