The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Fighting Society and Stigma Of Failure

RoyRogers

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Dec 8, 2017
Los Angeles
Hello,
At the age of 20, I started, and failed in my first business venture. That Stigma of that failure, from Family, Friends and Society, stuck with me forever. Another 3 failures over the next 20 years only cemented this FAILURE LABEL in everyone's eyes.
Then I moved to USA. But here too, my failures continued. I Lost all my existing properties back in my home country due to family disputes and at the age of 50 I was in ZERO (or even MINUS) position with FAILURE written large all over my life.
I don't know how, but a few months back, I got introduced to MJ's Book "Millionaire FastLane ". and something changed.
MJ was writing EVERYTHING that I have always been saying and believing. Everything written in that book was what I have practiced and believed in but was never confident, due to my failures, that I was right. This book gave me the validation that I really needed. Suddenly I was at peace with myself and my confidence grew.
My failures were not because of my method of thinking, but due to other reasons (Mj's Book Also helped me identify my those shortcomings). I truly regret not listening to my self but allowing everyone else to to shape my opinion of myself.
Now, at the age of 60, I look forward to a confident and happy future as I work on one one more business venture which I have been working on since last one year.
Whether I succeed or not is no longer of primary importance, what is important is that I have started rebuilding myself. and that is the biggest success of it all.
I cannot thank MJ enough.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hello,
At the age of 20, I started, and failed in my first business venture. That Stigma of that failure, from Family, Friends and Society, stuck with me forever. Another 3 failures over the next 20 years only cemented this FAILURE LABEL in everyone's eyes.
Then I moved to USA. But here too, my failures continued. I Lost all my existing properties back in my home country due to family disputes and at the age of 50 I was in ZERO (or even MINUS) position with FAILURE written large all over my life.
I don't know how, but a few months back, I got introduced to MJ's Book "Millionaire FastLane ". and something changed.
MJ was writing EVERYTHING that I have always been saying and believing. Everything written in that book was what I have practiced and believed in but was never confident, due to my failures, that I was right. This book gave me the validation that I really needed. Suddenly I was at peace with myself and my confidence grew.
My failures were not because of my method of thinking, but due to other reasons (Mj's Book Also helped me identify my those shortcomings). I truly regret not listening to my self but allowing everyone else to to shape my opinion of myself.
Now, at the age of 60, I look forward to a confident and happy future as I work on one one more business venture which I have been working on since last one year.
Whether I succeed or not is no longer of primary importance, what is important is that I have started rebuilding myself. and that is the biggest success of it all.
I cannot thank MJ enough.
Welcome!
What were some of those failures?
Maybe not all of them were really 'failures' ?

RoyRogers

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Dec 8, 2017
Los Angeles
Welcome!
What were some of those failures?
Maybe not all of them were really 'failures' ?

They were financial losses in all the ventures. In My country, the stigma of financial failure is very great. It handicaps you for life.
I took those as a learning experience, but it was a constant battle.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...