The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

RANT Fear & Procrastination

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Have you procrastinated something important?

• Total voters

sparechange

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
5_compressed.jpg

We have all held a fear in our self, whether it is a business decision, fear of public speaking, fear of failure or fearing looking like a fool.

Typically a cause of this fear is the unknown, my first order I placed from an overseas factory weeks ago put lots of doubt & fear into my mind.

What if I get scammed?
What if I receive nothing in the mail?
What if my money I saved to buy this order disappears and I never see it again?

All the time spent in my job to invest in a product would be GONE!

An important exercise to implement is looking at the alternative. What if I DONT place this order?

I will still be stuck at my job (no extra income)
I will still make the same amount of money
I will still NOT have a business.

As you can see the language changed from '' What if ' to '' I will '' in a negative manner.

This can be used in several different situations, for example going up on stage if you have a fear of speaking.

What is the worst that happens? Awkward silences? Boo'd off stage? At least you'll have a hilarious story to tell about how you totally froze up and crapped your pants in front of hundreds of people.

Something that I have been dealing with myself is procrastination, and I've found the cause to be rooted in fear & anxiety of failure after lots of deep thinking, aswell as the vast amount of work ahead of me to progress my life (which kinda sucks but is the process to the event)

Are you dealing with fear and procrastination in YOUR life? What are some of the things that you are putting off? Look into your thoughts deeper, and possibly you can see is it just a bunch of BS you are most likely telling yourself.

thebiggestrisk.jpg

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Attachments

MiloszR

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Dec 13, 2017
Berlin
Well put. We are all facing some kind of fear. Some hide it better, some worse. But we usually all realize that, the worst part is to act on it though, to start to fight it. Just knowing it makes no difference, I may go through all my life with the fear of public speeches for example and never do anything about it, dying with it. Finding the courage is the key.

Ayanle Farah

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
I'm not one to talk but recently I've done alot better than usual in not procrastinating and it's because I stopped trying to force things.

Instead I took a long term approach of building good habits and making it easier to do whatever it is I need to do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is the talk I gave at the 2020 Fastlane Summit on Mastering your Mind In this video you...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
LATE BIRTHDAY! I'm behind on everything this month, including getting promos out. Sorry, my bad...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock