The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Faking being a guru

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Titles probably a bit misleading, only slightly.

In my SaaS thread, I am cold-calling random businesses (in one specific niche). Theirs a problem that is very apparent in this particular niche that keeps coming up.

This particular problem stems from lack of information or knowledge. I'd like to figure out how I could potentially solve it even though I don't have the information... as in I don't have the knowledge to make the course.

Example:

Car Salesmen keep telling me that they wish they could get more customers via Social Media and understanding how to use Facebook Ads.

These particular car salesmen aren't just interested in any customers, but ones that make over 1-million or more a year.

**I've never sold cars, I've never been in car sales. So how could I create something that would solve this need and that people would buy? I however HAVE experience with Social Media and FB-Ads (personally).

I want to avoid the objection of: "You've never done Car Sales, so why should I trust you?"

Should I interview people who have done it and been successful? I just think they won't be happy if they really find out what I am doing <-- repackaging their info and reselling it.

Basically all BS aside: I want to solve a need, but I don't have the info to do it. OR THE RESULTS TO PROVE IT WORKS.

What do you recommend?

Thanks!

*Also the search is broken (it will only search 1 word for me*

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mbRichard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Sep 4, 2016
I’m in the same boat as you but for Digital Marketing. I started off with my client being my Dad’s cleaning business, and I turned that into a testimonial/portfolio, then I got another client from my gym, turned that into a testimonial and put it into my portfolio. Finally got a client from Gumtree using both testimonials - paid $2000 for a website.

You have to build up the knowledge, start small and scale

Lack of experience is going to bite you in the a$$, get the experience first, learn, and each client you successfully complete becomes a testimonial as well as a learning curve.

Overtime you will become an actual expert in the field and have built up a massive customer base, but you have to start one client at a time.

Maybe start locally and then build from there.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
How big do you think this need is? Go sell cars for a few weekends.

Get the people leads and they will pay you, no matter how much experience you have.

Your expertise is FB-ads, prove it. Get them leads. That is all you need to do.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
**I've never sold cars, I've never been in car sales. So how could I create something that would solve this need and that people would buy? I however HAVE experience with Social Media and FB-Ads (personally).

I want to avoid the objection of: "You've never done Car Sales, so why should I trust you?"

Should I interview people who have done it and been successful? I just think they won't be happy if they really find out what I am doing <-- repackaging their info and reselling it.

You don't need to have done car sales, you need to know how to connect buyers with sellers, and they should know how to close the damn thing. No one will buy a car from a FB ad, so your job is to find those people looking for cars already, get them excited, and connect them to the salesperson. They will do the selling.

You also don't need to interview successful car salespeople unless you want to become one. If you want to interview anyone, it should be customers in the market to buy cars. What are their pain points when searching for a car to buy, where do they go online or offline to search for the car they want, etc. That way you know better how to reach them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
I said Auto Salesmen as an example, but that was not actually my target audience. But I totally understand the information here.

If I instead decided to give the information away for free, perhaps in exchange for an email address, maybe it will get me farther since I will have emails that I now can reach out to people and find more pain points (and a growing reputation).

I was thinking of emulating Russell Brunson (of Clickfunnels) to some degree.

His free book (just pay shipping) pays for itself, because he gets emails for free and people are indoctrinated into Clickfunnels by reading his book.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.