The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Facebook Ads Audience based on Country of Origin

eGrizzly

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Hello my fellow Facebook Adseers,

Is it possible while creating Facebook Ads to setup an audience based on where people are from. For instance, if you wanted to target all Jamaican-Americans living in Kansas it would theoretically be something like the below:

1. All people living in the state of Kansas.
2. Who are of Jamaican descent

Are the above demographics possible? Thanks in advance for your advise and input.

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

Sanj Modha

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 16, 2016
You can based on their interests - think of everything Jamaican that only people from Jamaica would know about. This is how I find super targeted audiences:

Outside the obvious of Bob Marley: think of Jamaican music genres, magazines, foods, events, athletes, famous people etc.

eGrizzly

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
You can based on their interests - think of everything Jamaican that only people from Jamaica would know about. This is how I find super targeted audiences:

Outside the obvious of Bob Marley: think of Jamaican music genres, magazines, foods, events, athletes, famous people etc.
Thanks Sanj,

How many of these "interests" do you normally include before you get the custom audience to a satisfactory size?

eGrizzly

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Custom audiences can be any size. I've delivered impressions when using < 1000 audiences however if you want super charged Lookalikes - wait until you hit a critical mass which is > 1000. The higher the better.
So any particular strategy in coming up with these "interests", or do you just start randomly finding popular magazines, foods, athletes from the particular country?

p.s.: hope I'm not being a nag, lol.

itfactor

Contributor
May 18, 2019
So any particular strategy in coming up with these "interests", or do you just start randomly finding popular magazines, foods, athletes from the particular country?

p.s.: hope I'm not being a nag, lol.
Well, doing it randomly is definitely a bad move lol.

You can go into Facebook Ads manager to look for Facebook suggested interests. These usually aren’t too far off, and should help you find inspiration in terms of interests to target.

Another quick and easy way is to target your competitor’s page as an interest.

Also you can do a bit of cyber stalking by checking your competitor’s page and make a list of interests that their fans are into.

Hope that helps!

eGrizzly

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Well, doing it randomly is definitely a bad move lol.

You can go into Facebook Ads manager to look for Facebook suggested interests. These usually aren’t too far off, and should help you find inspiration in terms of interests to target.

Another quick and easy way is to target your competitor’s page as an interest.

Also you can do a bit of cyber stalking by checking your competitor’s page and make a list of interests that their fans are into.

Hope that helps!
Great. Thanks itfactor.

LinorCG

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
@eGrizzly one thing I learned to make the most out of your budget it targeting as specific as you can get. I believe you can also add FB Pages (in the Interests field), so if you know an FB pages where your target audiences are then you can add that too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Post thread…

Search the Forum

FASTLANE INSIDERS

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom