- Joined
- Sep 4, 2023
- Messages
- 79
Rep Bank
$715
$715
User Power: 186%
Hello Guys,
I am new here, and I want to build a good online business. I started in 2022 with Self-Publishing non-fiction books, bought a course, applied all the concepts, invested heavily, and consumed every kind of content.
I published more than 25 non-fiction books (30k words each one).
I outsourced the books creation, graphic design, and I did all the rest. I have had good success at it, with my best month being 8k/month.
I will keep growing this business because I like the passivity of it, and I developed the skills to keep building this without spending a lot of time. I did open a second account and started a new brand, which is now grossing 60-70$ per day, with a small net profit since I am investing in the marketing side to create momentum.
However, I don't like Amazon's policies. They can terminate your account without notice and withhold your last two months of royalties.
Plus, you will owe them the money you spent on advertising during that time.
A lot of people got terminated, and all they got back was a plain and general reply without even explaining why.
Some big authors used expensive lawyers to have their account back. And now, with AI, the barrier of entry is almost non-existent.
I'm not too worried about the competition, as their products tend to be of low quality.
But I don't want to be terminated for no reason from one day to another.
So, I was looking for diversification and came across the concept of drop streaming.
Drop streaming follows the same business model as Amazon self-publishing, but instead of publishing books, you are publishing music. You would need to outsource the music production, do market research, find unsaturated niches, create compelling graphic design for the covers, logo, create a music brand, and then bring traffic with marketing efforts via Facebook, TikTok, and other avenues.
Apparently, when you start to have momentum, Spotify and other music streaming platforms will promote you, and you can finish in their curated playlist or in the algorithmic playlist.
Once you get subscribers and find your niche, you increase drastically the chances to get picked up by the algorithm, and you get momentum, earning money through streaming royalties.
I don't find much info on YouTube or other forums, so I thought it might be worth pursuing. Musicians usually focus on creating the music they love instead of trying to approach this as a business and create music just for mere supply and demand.The barrier of entry is not that high if you need to outsource the music creation. However, to make this thing work, you have to learn many other skills such as paid ads, organic traffic, playlist pitching, playlist creation, creating a brand, some graphic design, market research, and being good at outsourcing the right people.
It seems like it is NOT so saturated, considering there are 500 million users on Spotify alone and that you can go wide with other platforms such as YouTube Music, Apple Music, etc.
What do you guys think about this business model? What are the pros and cons? Are there any potential pitfalls or challenges that I should be aware of? How does the competition in the drop streaming market seems to you ? I would appreciate any insights or advice you can provide.
Some good examples of successful business are Lofi Fruit, or any Lofi Channel you can find on spotify or youtube with millions of views.
I am new here, and I want to build a good online business. I started in 2022 with Self-Publishing non-fiction books, bought a course, applied all the concepts, invested heavily, and consumed every kind of content.
I published more than 25 non-fiction books (30k words each one).
I outsourced the books creation, graphic design, and I did all the rest. I have had good success at it, with my best month being 8k/month.
I will keep growing this business because I like the passivity of it, and I developed the skills to keep building this without spending a lot of time. I did open a second account and started a new brand, which is now grossing 60-70$ per day, with a small net profit since I am investing in the marketing side to create momentum.
However, I don't like Amazon's policies. They can terminate your account without notice and withhold your last two months of royalties.
Plus, you will owe them the money you spent on advertising during that time.
A lot of people got terminated, and all they got back was a plain and general reply without even explaining why.
Some big authors used expensive lawyers to have their account back. And now, with AI, the barrier of entry is almost non-existent.
I'm not too worried about the competition, as their products tend to be of low quality.
But I don't want to be terminated for no reason from one day to another.
So, I was looking for diversification and came across the concept of drop streaming.
Drop streaming follows the same business model as Amazon self-publishing, but instead of publishing books, you are publishing music. You would need to outsource the music production, do market research, find unsaturated niches, create compelling graphic design for the covers, logo, create a music brand, and then bring traffic with marketing efforts via Facebook, TikTok, and other avenues.
Apparently, when you start to have momentum, Spotify and other music streaming platforms will promote you, and you can finish in their curated playlist or in the algorithmic playlist.
Once you get subscribers and find your niche, you increase drastically the chances to get picked up by the algorithm, and you get momentum, earning money through streaming royalties.
I don't find much info on YouTube or other forums, so I thought it might be worth pursuing. Musicians usually focus on creating the music they love instead of trying to approach this as a business and create music just for mere supply and demand.The barrier of entry is not that high if you need to outsource the music creation. However, to make this thing work, you have to learn many other skills such as paid ads, organic traffic, playlist pitching, playlist creation, creating a brand, some graphic design, market research, and being good at outsourcing the right people.
It seems like it is NOT so saturated, considering there are 500 million users on Spotify alone and that you can go wide with other platforms such as YouTube Music, Apple Music, etc.
What do you guys think about this business model? What are the pros and cons? Are there any potential pitfalls or challenges that I should be aware of? How does the competition in the drop streaming market seems to you ? I would appreciate any insights or advice you can provide.
Some good examples of successful business are Lofi Fruit, or any Lofi Channel you can find on spotify or youtube with millions of views.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
