The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Execution: SaaS MVP is Built. Feedback on Growth Stage?

mojorisin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 6, 2019
Hey all. Love this forum for learning and motivation. After much research, I decided to build an MVP that solved my issue (and a handful of others). I'm finally in an MVP stage where I have a core functional product. I have a final list of key features that will be completed in 4 weeks. Then I'm at a stage where I have a core build that I'd personally begin paying for. This was my objective for the MVP: a product that truly solves my problem, I'll pay, and a few others similar to me will fork out $$$ monthly for the service.

My view on stages:

1. Build an MVP that my test users and I will pay for (close to done)
2. Expand to partners (not started yet)
3. Run ads and push for full launch

My approach for #2:

1. Affiliate partnerships: I have 20+ influencers and bloggers who recommend a strategy to their end users where my tool solves their problem. I intend to approach them regarding an affiliate partnership. I will pay them a % of referall SaaS revenue. I plan to include a loom demo video to illustrate how the product works. My intention is to first do a pilot with their users, I'll tweak the product, then they would do a full blast.

2. Individual users: I am active in forums where my tool will solve problems regularly. My challenge is these forums frown on product solitications so I need to learn how to navigate to win prospects without getting banned or coming across as slimy sales guy. I'm willing to take the time to win 1 user at a time. I know that if I can win 1 user, I can win 5. If I can win 5 I can win 10. If I can win 10, well, you get the idea "Atomic Habits".

While I've been successful in sales for 20 years, I'm nervous about #1. I feel like rejection will kill my dream :)

Any tips on success for either of these 2 items? I'm probably 3 to 6 months away from #3. I'd prefer to have a solid foundation on product before spending $$$ on ads, since I still have some maturation.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Any tips on success for either of these 2 items? I'm probably 3 to 6 months away from #3. I'd prefer to have a solid foundation on product before spending $$$ on ads, since I still have some maturation.

holy shit, no no no no no NO. Start marketing this TODAY.

I don't care that your app isn't done yet - start telling people about it and see if you can get people to pay you to join the wait list.

You don't have to spend thousands on ads, but you need to spend some money to figure out if you can 1) acquire customers and 2) acquire them profitably.

And them just saying yes isn't enough. People will say stuff just to get you off their back - try to get them to hand over their credit cards, even if just for a reduced price for fewer features while you implement the rest.

Then go over your list of features and roll them out incrementally so that you can keep getting users. As you roll out new features, increase the price.

Your time is precious man, and you can't get those 3-6 months back if you're wrong. Start reaching out to people today get try to get them to hand over their money to make sure that you're on the right track.

source: having personally wasted months developing SaaS projects that went no where because I couldn't get the marketing to work (more than once).

GideonEkasi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Nov 6, 2023
Hey I'm a startup copywriter seeking to build experience, I think I could offer some value to your company, but I'm not sure, maybe we could talk more about it if you'd be interested.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.