The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does Anyone Sell Branded Clothing? I Need Insight

Anything related to sourcing or importing products.

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
I want to sell branded merchandise (t-shirts) on my company website (powered by Shopify). The only place I know to go for customer clothing is VistaPrint, but with their prices, my margins would be super thin.

Does anyone have any insight for me?

Websites? Things to expect?

I heard there’s a website that will produce merchandise on demand…any clue about that?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
There are many POD platforms (print on demand), the most popular being Printful and Printify. You already know the problem, their cost is already high, leaving you with 2 options - tiny markup, tiny profit, decent profit, huge markup.

If you have a following, a super specific niche, and excellent content creation skills, it could work but getting them made in bulk and shipping yourself will lower your cost a lot. Start with a POD, if you can get traction, start ordering in bulk and shipping yourself.

Rarehelge

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 19, 2023
Norway
Is your website for selling the clothing, or do you sell other products/services?

Branded clothing seems to be a pretty competitive marked, but it’s surely worth it if you can stand out from the crowd.

Last edited:

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
Is your website for selling the clothing, or do you sell other products/services?

Branded clothing seems to be a pretty competitive marked, but it’s surely worth it if you can stand out from the crowd.
Website sells a supplement product. But the brand is popular, and people have been asking for T-shirt’s for a while now. I’m not expecting to make a lot of money from it, but I know that there is some type of demand for it

Eurojanek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 9, 2020
I'm getting about 10% margins from a drop-shipping gig I run for German market, if you are happy with that level of profit (I am not), just go with any kind of print on demand service of your liking.

There are many options that would increase your margins, but you haven't provided enough data about the shirts like for example: will design be the same, or vary, type of fabric, multicolor, duplex or single color, required durability, technology dtg, screen print, plotter cut flock or flex, maybe reflective flex...

The more specific requirements are addressed, the more other options are opening. I urge you to at least skim few of interesting for you topics in tshirtsforums. That'll help you to ask better questions, maybe even find a local screen print shop for a partner.

T-Shirt Forums

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Get a local shop and negotiate a deal.
These 100s of POD platforms provide small margin and often low quality.
When you increase revenue with clothes, you could run better with a factory in far east. @Walter Hay has a good book for global sourcing.
When you sell really much clothes, you ll go to China, visit some factories and choose the best.

When I was about 18, I welded a screen printing machine and we made Tshirts. That was about 1983 and it would have had a big potential, but my friend, who mainly did it, got screwed and lost his heritage. (He didn t give up and is now, lets say, retired very wealty)
But thats another story; only take away : you can do it yourself, too!

mario.scaling

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Mar 10, 2024
Website sells a supplement product. But the brand is popular, and people have been asking for T-shirt’s for a while now. I’m not expecting to make a lot of money from it, but I know that there is some type of demand for it
Then the best thing you can do is set up a pre-order so that you'll order in bulk and have higher profits. DM me if you'd like help with it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.