The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Discussion: Future of the car industry and the opportunities in the shift.

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

Stefan Mladic

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 12, 2023
Serbia
Hello I am currently 17 and in my weekly cycles of deciding what I want to start doing in order to provide immense value I always come back to mechanical engineering. More specifically cars. I love everything about cars. Everyone is saying that in the near future we are going to shift to electric cars but in my opinion the infrastructure isn't there yet (+the fact that they require more carbon to produce because of lithion-ion batteries).
That is where I see an opportunity to redirect all the lost hopes of the people that were so invested into electric cars , when the bubble of EV's bursts, into some other technology that i will be able to produce and get investment in.
I have some ideas but none of them are really fetched out and I require further education for that. But my problem is this, what if I am wrong and decide to dedicate a lot of money and time into mechanical engineering then be obliterated by EV's (if they fix the problems outlined). I know this is very specific but I want to have a discussion about this and get my opinion challenged because quite frankly I don't know what other field i would like to provide value in.
I would love to see what you guys think about this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Groobs

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 15, 2022
what if I am wrong and decide to dedicate a lot of money and time into mechanical engineering then be obliterated by EV's (if they fix the problems outlined). I know this is very specific but I want to have a discussion about this and get my opinion challenged because quite frankly I don't know what other field i would like to provide value in.
I've been in the car industry for years, in multiple aspects. From working for the HQ of a luxury automaker in training and supply chain, to running an EV launch team, to selling SaaS to new car dealers.

The car industry itself isn't really a single industry, its 5 industries. You have car manufacturing, franchise operations, parts business, service lane business, and, the new industry, thanks to Tesla, AI software.

If you are serious about the industry and being an entrepreneur in the industry as an engineer, mechanical engineers are going no where at all, if anything, their demand will increase. Electric cars are still machines and need engineers even if they don't have internal combustion engines.

If you are serious about that route, get the education you need as a mechanical engineer, get in the industry, and find the issues to fix, you'll probably find a lot.

Stefan Mladic

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 12, 2023
Serbia
I've been in the car industry for years, in multiple aspects. From working for the HQ of a luxury automaker in training and supply chain, to running an EV launch team, to selling SaaS to new car dealers.

The car industry itself isn't really a single industry, its 5 industries. You have car manufacturing, franchise operations, parts business, service lane business, and, the new industry, thanks to Tesla, AI software.

If you are serious about the industry and being an entrepreneur in the industry as an engineer, mechanical engineers are going no where at all, if anything, their demand will increase. Electric cars are still machines and need engineers even if they don't have internal combustion engines.

If you are serious about that route, get the education you need as a mechanical engineer, get in the industry, and find the issues to fix, you'll probably find a lot.
That is a really interesting insight, thanks for that my friend.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.