The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Digital signage software. Room for more?

CONAN

New Contributor
Nov 1, 2019
Hi, friend and I are thinking of creating a digital signage software solution which would utilize cheaper hardware (existing smart tvs, raspberry pis, etc..) to provide the customer (we're thinking restaurants, coffee shops, gyms) with simple setup and simple to manage solution for their menus, ads and content in general.

Similar solutions exists, just to name a few there is: piSignage, screen.cloud, screenly etc..
The reason we think there might still be a need for our solution is that there are no local competitors (Croatia) that can provide better support or even more specialization since we think locals would better respond to someone nearer.

What we are having problem with right now is not knowing what solution are being used and how and what features do the customers need and are not provided.
My question is, since now during the lockdowns our potential customers are not even working, what would be the best way of gathering exactly what they want so that we can create an mvp we can present to them without coding wrong features. Are cold calling, google questionnaires, market research in general good (and the only ways) of gathering info in this situation?
And more general question, what checks do we need to check to determine if developing such product could be profitable before starting development?

Furthermore if there are business owners here, who are using or thinking of using similar solution, would you be willing to provide your needs regarding digital signage?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
In the past 12 years, we've formed thousands of companies for clients all over the world. We...
MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
I attended the live session, really loved it! It gives some useful and practical tips on how to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Three things: 1. Discord Chat is open. Click here for free access. 2. New YouTube Channel...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom