The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Curse or a Blessing?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi guys!

Anyone who wants to learn something from this post - move on. Don't waste your precious time. I just want to get this somewhat weird feeling off my chest. That's all. Anyone who decides to proceed and even contribute - I love you!

I'll put it as simply as humanly possible:

I get depressed every-time I stop working on something that matters. For example, if I spend 6 hours working on business and decide to procrastinate for the rest of the day- depression and toxic activities kick-in full power. Even if someone asks me a favour that doesn't add any value to my arsenal (e.g. a needy friend's friend decides to save few bucks and asks me for a free favour to drive him somewhere) depression and toxic activities kick-in again...

It feels like there's another me. Me who is always in a Beast Mode and demands hustle, process and is starving for results. Another me who is a chronic workaholic and every-time I put foot on breaks he bites my a$$ and tries to push me out of a driver's seat.

The only cure in my medicine box is doing my best to hustle as much as I can. Every-time I am exhausted from working on my business - I feel happy, somewhat accomplished and hitting a sack with a smile on my face. On the other hand, If I spend only few hours a day working on my business and spend the rest of time hanging with some chicks or folks who don't add any value - I crash, become somewhat depressed and usually can't fall asleep due to negative thoughts.

Thanks for taking your precious time reading my post!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Youngkody

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 10, 2017
Cornwall, Ontario
Hi guys!

Anyone who wants to learn something from this post - move on. Don't waste your precious time. I just want to get this somewhat weird feeling off my chest. That's all. Anyone who decides to proceed and even contribute - I love you!

I'll put it as simply as humanly possible:

I get depressed every-time I stop working on something that matters. For example, if I spend 6 hours working on business and decide to procrastinate for the rest of the day- depression and toxic activities kick-in full power. Even if someone asks me a favour that doesn't add any value to my arsenal (e.g. a needy friend's friend decides to save few bucks and asks me for a free favour to drive him somewhere) depression and toxic activities kick-in again...

It feels like there's another me. Me who is always in a Beast Mode and demands hustle, process and is starving for results. Another me who is a chronic workaholic and every-time I put foot on breaks he bites my a$$ and tries to push me out of a driver's seat.

The only cure in my medicine box is doing my best to hustle as much as I can. Every-time I am exhausted from working on my business - I feel happy, somewhat accomplished and hitting a sack with a smile on my face. On the other hand, If I spend only few hours a day working on my business and spend the rest of time hanging with some chicks or folks who don't add any value - I crash, become somewhat depressed and usually can't fall asleep due to negative thoughts.

Thanks for taking your precious time reading my post!

I'm a lot like how you described yourself.. learn to give yourself to the flow of the universe... sometimes you'll be super motivated/inspired other times you'll just want to relax and self-medicate.. whatever it is just be at ease with your choices.. we all need balance don't let overthinking make you restless; it's exhausting.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Actually, coming to think about it, I believe this is growth you are experiencing - where your work mode is concerned. Your rhythm is driven by creating your accomplishments along the way, in the sense that, as long as you are working towards your success, you are pretty much in your element; however, should anything interrupt that flow, it's as if your body receives signals that something is working against your progress of greatness.

While it is positive that your rhythm is encouraging you to keep the fine details intact building success, it is necessary to find a way to work with the other aspect of yourself that becomes depressed when you are doing things that are unnecessary; it seems as if you may have to create allotted timeframes to do specific things outside of building success and build your discipline in sticking with it. At first it will be weird, friends and family will complain they hardly see you, or that you're always running away early etc., but, you're on a mission and in the quest for genuine success, this becomes necessary - The great thing? It isn't permanent.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Have you tried meditation? What works for me is to identify key activities that gives me a sense of reward-satisfaction or like a cliche phrase says: Do more of what makes you happy.

You can separate your calendar into value adding and non value adding activities,then shift towards the value adding ones as much as possible.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Have you tried meditation? What works for me is to identify key activities that gives me a sense of reward-satisfaction or like a cliche phrase says: Do more of what makes you happy.

You can separate your calendar into value adding and non value adding activities,then shift towards the value adding ones as much as possible.

Hi, thanks for dropping some wisdom spells. Yeah, I have been meditating for a week now and my entire day is divided into small chunks of sub-goals that are part of a bigger goal. I am pretty sure it'll take me at least a month to start feeling a difference.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.