The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Crypto ATMs, what do you know about it and who’s doing it?

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
Does anyone own bitcoin ATMs or knows someone who does? I listened to a business acquisition podcast and they say that these things absolutely crush it and print money. However they don’t do it themselves and are afraid of the crypto laundering schemes that they are a part of.

I am genuinely curious of what anyone here thinks of them and if they see any downsides or hidden software costs and machine servicing costs that if not in front of enough foot traffic might as well not get into it.

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I ve seen some, but with up to 35% fee I don’t know, if that really works.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I have seen a few, but like @Ing stated the fees are absolutely insane. I don't understand why anyone would use one. Maybe because they don't require your details to get crypto?

If you are really worried you could find locals and do cash trades.

So yea, I could see how they would be referred to as money printers. The fees are just insanely sky high. I remember low transfer limits as well. Overall something I would never even consider using.

I did see a cake vending machine a few days ago though. Also something I would never use. Now all I need to see is a gold/silver bullion vending machine.

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
I was thinking about buying one and putting it somewhere, in my local grocery store there’s also a coin star machine that converts your coins into crypto, but I never did it so I wonder what the fee is like there too

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
When you want to offer the service, you could just offer btc to cash on craiglist or on FB groups.

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
When you want to offer the service, you could just offer btc to cash on craiglist or on FB groups.
I get it, but I was interested in scaling multiple ATMs in multiple locations and just wanted to know if anyone had experience with even regular ATMs or even vending machines. I feel like starting bitcoin or crypto ATMs is still new and could be lucrative. But is not without its drawbacks

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I get it, but I was interested in scaling multiple ATMs in multiple locations and just wanted to know if anyone had experience with even regular ATMs or even vending machines. I feel like starting bitcoin or crypto ATMs is still new and could be lucrative. But is not without its drawbacks
But you never know, if you didn’t try. Maybe set up propperly and not greedy makes it working with scale as you said.

mbilal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Apr 7, 2018
Germany

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
I've been using crypto for payments and services for a long time. Nobody uses these machines except people passing by who have heard of crypto and want to get into it.. on a whim

Any person who's actually into crypto will go on Kraken or Coinbase and get their crypto for 1-2% fee. Or if their smart, Strike for 0% fee.

So I guess it's important to think about the demographic your targeting. Crypto ATM's never interested me really but the giftcard ATM's did. Buying used giftcards for a % is what I used to do on another forum and found good success with it for 2-3 months.

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
I
I've been using crypto for payments and services for a long time. Nobody uses these machines except people passing by who have heard of crypto and want to get into it.. on a whim

Any person who's actually into crypto will go on Kraken or Coinbase and get their crypto for 1-2% fee. Or if their smart, Strike for 0% fee.

So I guess it's important to think about the demographic your targeting. Crypto ATM's never interested me really but the giftcard ATM's did. Buying used giftcards for a % is what I used to do on another forum and found good success with it for 2-3 months.
think a lot more people use crypto atms. Especially near the borders. But again, that use case ranges from walking across the border with over 10k in your pocket without needing to declare it, also to laundering money from cartel. Most crypto atm machines that make money do not require ID. Also useful inside weed shops that are legal but not on the federal level.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.