The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating an interactive map or app - help!

JAMES-L67

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 24, 2014
Hey guys,

So as part of my latest information product I am developing an interactive map that I want to offer as a standalone product, part of a bundle and as part of a membership site. So far I have a map with over 450 pins on a Google My Maps map.

The struggle I'm having is presenting it in a way that it can't be easily copied or transcribed. With a Google My Map, even with only viewing access, you can still copy the entire map, create your own and then distribute it as your own. What I'm hoping is that someone knows a way I can present the app that is secure?

I have thought about offering it as an app only or something, but I can see the cost adding up quickly. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

James

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

Not sure exactly what you're trying to do with it, but you could use a JavaScript PDF library to convert a snapshot of the map to PDF.

JAMES-L67

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 24, 2014
Not sure exactly what you're trying to do with it, but you could use a JavaScript PDF library to convert a snapshot of the map to PDF.

Should be more specific, I'm wanting to create a map that people can have on their phone/tablet/device, click a location on and get Google Maps to tell them how to get there. Also something that shows your current location would be ideal

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
You can use alternatives such as OpenLayers - Welcome
These alternatives are more precise than Google Map; they are used in a GIS context.
They can be customized by a developer and cannot be modified or copy/pasted easily as they are usually drawn on HTML5 Canvas elements.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.