The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating a mobile app - part 1

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Breeze_Interface

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 17, 2019
While going to college, I've started noticing more and more people taking notes on tablet with a stylus instead of the traditional notebook and pencil.
This is when I got the idea of helping those people get a better experience in their note taking.

I have noticed two pain points that people run into when using the tablet to take notes:

- First, it gets painful looking at a glowing screen considering how much time you have to review your notes and study.
- Second, college students of my generation seems to be really distracted and can easily lose track of important information being said by the professor.

My app contains a solution to both those problems:
- Using a light ink on dark background would make it less painful. Similarly to how developers use IDE with a dark theme for the same reasons.
- The app would record the lecture while the student is taking notes. The student can then tap on an area in his specific writing to get the timecode of the recording when it was being written. Therefore being able to skip easily to certain parts of the audio.

Now, there is no way I'm going to tire myself building this app if there is no demand.
I therefore used my skills in graphics design to create visuals for the app.

This is what I did:

View attachment 28142

Now, my goal is to make a webpage or find some way to know if people are interested in the product and for what pricing. This is my problem, I don't know how to do it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Before you "know how to do it", be sure that its worth doing.
App you described is as easy copyable as copying plain text.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.