The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Climate Change is the #1 Problem the World Faces

pat9000

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 29, 2018
Nashville, TN
Hey guys,

I have tried several business models, paid for for shit guru courses, and read just about every book on the topic for the past 3 years.

I did the whole blog stuff, affiliate, drop ship, whatever.

Luckily I'm a good enough day trader to have sustained myself to work from home for the past 7 months but I'm tired of sitting here. I'm tired of doing nothing.

Sure, I have no boss, wake up whenever and can do anything I want but jts getting old.

I recently read Unscripted and it started to click.

I was just in it for money and tried to convince myself there was value.

I started researching problems to solve and thought, "climate change is pretty damn serious" and I researched a lot of ways to combat it.

I am tired of failing chasing shiny businesses and gurus. I want to add value and impact a lot of people.

I have connections with factory owners and I have no problems cutting deals.

My question is am I just chasing another shiny fad or is this a smart play?

I'm tired of the bullcrap with online guys exhausting email lists with shit affiliate products after passing them back and forth. Its sad.

Thanks for reading

Pat

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Why not cure cancer while you are at it?

You are going too far in the opposite direction. Way too big of a problem to solve and the investment required would be astronomical.

pat9000

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 29, 2018
Nashville, TN
Why not cure cancer while you are at it?

You are going too far in the opposite direction. Way too big of a problem to solve and the investment required would be astronomical.

Sorry, you must not have understood. I was too vague.

No, i cant cure therapy, but I can create machines for Chemotherapy.

Just in the same that I can create solar panel companies.

I should have been more specific.

My point is, problem solving is what MJ says and with the CENTS model.

Sitting at home all day trading stocks is getting old for me.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
The greatest problem facing humanity is still ill health and death.

Always.

If you can extend the life of an billionaire by ten years he surely wont mind giving you 10 percent of his wealth.

If you research what is going on in the health industry and its development, it will make energy business, internet business and even space travel looks like peanut.

pat9000

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 29, 2018
Nashville, TN

Always.

If you can extend the life of an billionaire by ten years he surely wont mind giving you 10 percent of his wealth.

If you research what is going on in the health industry and its development, it will make energy business, internet business and even space travel looks like peanut.

I see. I was sitting in a speech with a Congresswoman yesterday, Diane Black, and she was a huge healthcare advocate.

She is also one of the richest Congressmen and I could see why healthcare is so hot.

Thanks for the insight. I'm not looking to be filthy rich, I'm just looking to provide value through means beyond just watching my bank account grow.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I see. I was sitting in a speech with a Congresswoman yesterday, Diane Black, and she was a huge healthcare advocate.

She is also one of the richest Congressmen and I could see why healthcare is so hot.

Thanks for the insight. I'm not looking to be filthy rich, I'm just looking to provide value through means beyond just watching my bank account grow.
Really depends on what your skill sets and natural market is.

You mentioned you trade stocks. There could be a business to sell the “shovels”. Ebooks for examples. You could develope niche knowledge in certain financial markets.

I worked in a prop trading firm for one year also before I turned into a financial consultant in a sales role. I turned my former colleagues and clients in previous financial firms into my current clients.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
I think that is too vague of a problem to solve and I have other thoughts but we're not supposed to be political here. "Find problems to solve" doesn't actually mean that you have to save the world. If you literally want to help people, you could go build houses in Haiti or something.
If you only want to make money, then I would look for a smaller thing to tackle.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
Absurd...

Unless you get China and India to reduce their green house gasses, there is nothing anyone can do.

Sell the obvious, sell your day trading "system" or start a youtube channel.

pat9000

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 29, 2018
Nashville, TN
Really depends on what your skill sets and natural market is.

You mentioned you trade stocks. There could be a business to sell the “shovels”. Ebooks for examples. You could develope niche knowledge in certain financial markets.

I worked in a prop trading firm for one year also before I turned into a financial consultant in a sales role. I turned my former colleagues and clients in previous financial firms into my current clients.

Nice, I am itching to get into a sales type of role and develop my sales capabilities more.

I'm glad you found a solid profession.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah

Always.

Didn't mean to come off as a dick and I apologize for misunderstanding what you meant.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Absurd...

Unless you get China and India to reduce their green house gasses, there is nothing anyone can do.

Sell the obvious, sell your day trading "system" or start a youtube channel.

Company that helps factories implement green manufacturing processes abroad? You’d have to optimize the changes so companies could afford to adopt them, and pitch to them that it aligns their factory with America and other countries’ goals for emissions and energy reduction, making them more attractive to importers that source from abroad. There are paybacks to LED retro-fitting/conversion, peak demand load shedding, HVAC optimization/recommissioning and many other things that will save the factory energy usage and put money back in their pockets.

A stretch? Naaah. We do it at my day job constantly to meet our energy goals and maintain Leed certifications.

And yes, the biggest problem for humanity is that currently every human is going to die, climate change or not. Healthcare, geriatrics and even gerontology only treat the symptoms of aging. We need to get to the core of senescence and control/repair/rejuvenate metabolically created molecular damage, the side effect of being a living organism.

Go look up Aubrey De Grey - Sens Foundation.

The biggest threat to the world - meh. I dunno, it’s a big celestial object with or without us. Seemingly, humanity is not bad for the Earth - we’re bad for the current atmospheric conditions that we evolved to, and we very well could hit the reset button on ourselves. Earth will bounce back, and eventually succumb to the same universal circumstances that created it.

Last edited:

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
Where is the evidence that climate change is this huge problem?

Just curious, I hear this all the time but still....no evidence.

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012

Always.

This. Look into rejuvenation biotechnology and its advocates like SENS. A lot of basic research needs to be done, and the government isn't yet interested in this, so crowdfunding is a big thing now. But there already are startups that got funding to develop therapies. New breakthroughs are made every month, but they're highly complex and detailed, so the general population has no clue about this. Awareness needs to be spread.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Climate change is such a broad term. The climate has always been changing. The earth has gone from been molten to been completely frozen. There's nothing new under the sun. Now the new "carbon tax" will just be another money making scheme from our overlords.

But I do like green technologies because it'll push innovation towards cleaner power sources.

If I were you I would focus on products that reduce pollution. Specially that of plastics.

People don't realize how utterly harmful plastics truly are. Plastics have chemicals that mimick estrogen and they wreak havoc to our endocrine system.

All the craziness in today's society are cause by plastics that throw our hormones off balance.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018

Always.

We should look to Okinawa. Longest living people on the planet. They have an "average" income. Yet don't have much of a healthcare system. I miss tonkatsu:
upload_2019-3-10_23-1-10.jpeg
So good...

Of course Udon too
upload_2019-3-10_23-2-27.jpeg

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
This. Look into rejuvenation biotechnology and its advocates like SENS. A lot of basic research needs to be done, and the government isn't yet interested in this, so crowdfunding is a big thing now. But there already are startups that got funding to develop therapies. New breakthroughs are made every month, but they're highly complex and detailed, so the general population has no clue about this. Awareness needs to be spread.

I am sure the billionaires are already pumping money into this to extend their own lives.

When I first heard about the longevity escape velocity it blew my mind off.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
No matter what anyone believes on climate change, sustainability is a growing market. A market doesn't need to be based on truth, just widespread acceptability and a growing desire for it.

I don't like the phrase "climate change" and instead just like to call it "human destruction" which I think we can all agree is a growing problem, from pollution to overpopulation to rampant consumption and disposability of too many things.

Being less destructive and sustainable is a strong value skew.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
No matter what anyone believes on climate change, sustainability is a growing market. A market doesn't need to be based on truth, just widespread acceptability and a growing desire for it.

I don't like the phrase "climate change" and instead just like to call it "human destruction" which I think we can all agree is a growing problem, from pollution to overpopulation to rampant consumption and disposability of too many things.

Being less destructive and sustainable is a strong value skew.
This. I think there’s a 99 percent chance that climate change is blown out of proportion by a bunch of people that are useless without the government jobs and research funding created by said crisis.

That said, I don’t understand why climate change even needs to be true. I know that if a human being breathes car exhaust, he will die, so it’s probably not a great idea to put that exhaust into the air we all breathe. No apocalyptic boogeyman needed.

Ultimately the market has a better shot at solving the problem than regulators because unlike the government, the market is both creative and productive.

OP is right, this is a huge market arena we should all be watching.

NC Bidniss

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Mar 5, 2019
Hey guys,

I have tried several business models, paid for for shit guru courses, and read just about every book on the topic for the past 3 years.

Luckily I'm a good enough day trader to have sustained myself to work from home for the past 7 months but I'm tired of sitting here. I'm tired of doing nothing.

Sure, I have no boss, wake up whenever and can do anything I want but jts getting old.

I started researching problems to solve and thought, "climate change is pretty damn serious" and I researched a lot of ways to combat it.

I am tired of failing chasing shiny businesses and gurus. I want to add value and impact a lot of people.

I'm tired of the bullcrap with online guys exhausting email lists with shit affiliate products after passing them back and forth. Its sad.

Thanks for reading

Pat

While I think the idea of looking for a business that tries to keep the earth healthy isn't a bad one, I think that a better approach is to look how you can make any business more sustainable. There are loads of people selling things from sustainable materials, so the market may be a bit over-saturated. I see more opportunity in creating a business which is commonly seen as destructive to the environment and create a process for that business that is more sustainable. A normally "dirty" business with ISO 14001 and LEED certifications could give you a competitive edge against others who do not hold them. More and more people and businesses make the change to sustainability every day, and your market would be the people who need the service, but want to do it "right".

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
RaznCA on Twitter

xjyW9Y

This probably sums up the climate change debate and policies surrounding the issue.

Naive people making the issue much worse while not conclusively proving the hypothesis is true. These doom and gloom environmentalists and alarmists have been freaking out the public since the 1960's from water shortages, oil shortages, the elimination of DDT to combat malaria (yeah!! we killed 30 million people! on a shit study), depletion of the rain forest, acid rain, Y2K, to Zika virus.

Those are just off the top of my head!

Even if you did find the solution to climate change, special interest and lobbyists will never allow you into the market. I remember a company 10 years ago was being blocked by the government and special interest groups from creating a method of converting CO2 to oxygen...hhhmmmmm why would the government not fund this revolutionary concept instead give money to now-bankrupt "green"companies such as Solyndra?

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
The one thing that always never get mentioned is that here in Canada and USA our population totals to 0.33 Billion of the world's 7.7 billion.

So even if North America reduced to 0% harm to the environment it would be about 10-15%? drop globally in harm done to the environment. Which yes is helpful. It's just that China and India have over 2.6 Billion people and produce almost 40% of the environmental harm as they continue to grow industrially.

So the 80/20 principal comes to mind.

It's like seeing individual home owners sorting there garbage into garbage, recycling and compost containers. Then you go to a large condo or apartment complex or an actual garbage dump, and see the lack of sorting in these places and the whole thing is laughable.

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
I congratulate you for thinking big .
I personally would have preferred opening something related to Vegan Diet/Vegan lifestyle. This solves environmental issue indirectly, results in lesser/no suffering to Animals and good for our health too . So you are saving Planet, Animals , Human health with your company although in a small way .

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
I congratulate you for thinking big .
I personally would have preferred opening something related to Vegan Diet/Vegan lifestyle. This solves environmental issue indirectly, results in lesser/no suffering to Animals and good for our health too . So you are saving Planet, Animals , Human health with your company although in a small way .

There is an ideological war going on in Youtube that I have been following closely because I find the debate interesting.

Veganism ideology is losing and the popularity of Ex-Vegan testimonials is increasing everyday as well as these anti vegan channels are growing in popularity.

Joe Rogan, Steven Crowder, Vegetable Police, Se3rige, Bobby's Perspective have all come out against veganism with the later 3 youtubers being former vegans. These channels combined get millions of views daily.

Veganism can still be a profitable niche but it is hard to say whether Youtube and these social media influencers will change the course of public perception.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
There is an ideological war going on in Youtube that I have been following closely because I find the debate interesting.

Veganism ideology is losing and the popularity of Ex-Vegan testimonials is increasing everyday as well as these anti vegan channels are growing in popularity.

Joe Rogan, Steven Crowder, Vegetable Police, Se3rige, Bobby's Perspective have all come out against veganism with the later 3 youtubers being former vegans. These channels combined get millions of views daily.

Veganism can still be a profitable niche but it is hard to say whether Youtube and these social media influencers will change the course of public perception.
Interesting.

Care to share a few core concepts against veganism on nutrition part? I dont really know well in that topic.

I thought that vegan diet is more alkaline, avoid meat (high cholesterol, red meat strains kidney)...

I am eating a typical Asian diet on most days. Rice/noddle with a lot of vegetable with sprinkles of meat.

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017

Yes I agree there is a perception war going on between veganism/anti veganism. I think still there is a large number of people who are fed up with Industrial food chains serving them chemical infested food. And in vegan lifestyle I am including Vegan Cosmetics, Vegan medicine , Vegan clothings too (along with of course vegan food).

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
Interesting.

Care to share a few core concepts against veganism on nutrition part? I dont really know well in that topic.

I thought that vegan diet is more alkaline, avoid meat (high cholesterol, red meat strains kidney)...

I am eating a typical Asian diet on most days. Rice/noddle with a lot of vegetable with sprinkles of meat.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZSz4AmaMcs&t=462s
- the author basically dispells all of the veganism claims, especially about the destruction of the natural habitat of animals by the agricultural industry.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BUL78hbkLA&t=740s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk3YvBzmBys

(milk jar is an idiot (he is an anti-vegan) but S3ridge basically ended the debate in the first 15 mins, which he asked the simple questions, define nutrient density and what is more healthier for you, eating a meal with less nutrients or more nutrients? Veganism needs supplementation in order for it to "work", therefore it is not healthy for you (just look at the hundreds of ex-vegan testimonials on youtube).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5mRgTSsspY&list=UUrR45-PQv6TCwUCSPJ1ud2g

Bobby's Perspective is a former vegan and he basically showed the life cycle of most vegans that quit.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
Yes I agree there is a perception war going on between veganism/anti veganism. I think still there is a large number of people who are fed up with Industrial food chains serving them chemical infested food. And in vegan lifestyle I am including Vegan Cosmetics, Vegan medicine , Vegan clothings too (along with of course vegan food).

There is still money to be made in veganism despite whatever beliefs you might have. I still think you need a social media influencer like vegan gains or FREELEE the bananna girl to promote your product as they have a RABID fan base and will buy anything from them.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZSz4AmaMcs&t=462s
- the author basically dispells all of the veganism claims, especially about the destruction of the natural habitat of animals by the agricultural industry.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BUL78hbkLA&t=740s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk3YvBzmBys

(milk jar is an idiot (he is an anti-vegan) but S3ridge basically ended the debate in the first 15 mins, which he asked the simple questions, define nutrient density and what is more healthier for you, eating a meal with less nutrients or more nutrients? Veganism needs supplementation in order for it to "work", therefore it is not healthy for you (just look at the hundreds of ex-vegan testimonials on youtube).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5mRgTSsspY&list=UUrR45-PQv6TCwUCSPJ1ud2g

Bobby's Perspective is a former vegan and he basically showed the life cycle of most vegans that quit.
Wow. Noted and thanks for the links.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hey guys,

Thanks for reading

Pat
You sound bored. So climb your next mountain.

I'm not sure why you've chosen climate change. It's always been changing. And I see all the flack right now as a way to dig deeper into my pocket, by those who really don't produce anything but tax bills...

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
617%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Start a consulting firm that has some arbitrary “stamp of approval” so companies can “become compliant” and receive your eco stamp of approval and charge them $20,000 for it.

The effect climate change has on the market exists in the mind of the consumer. The perception of environmentally friendly practices is a valuable resource for companies to have that you can sell them. Good thing the costs are pretty much nonexistant too. Great business model.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.