• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION CFA Test Preparation Service

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by ricardox, Oct 5, 2018.

1. ricardox

ricardox New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $43
    English is my second language so if I've said something confusing let me know ; ) Also, I'm looking to practicar espoñol, si también lo estás aprendiendo, también avísame.

What's this business about?
    • We try to create a CFA test prep service
    What is CFA?
    • It's a professional certification for investment management
    Why you want to start this business
    • It seems to align really well with what I've been enjoying doing and the life I'm looking forward to
    How well you know about this market and how certain are you?
    • I personally have gone through the tests myself.
    • During the process, I have my own way of preparing for the tests, in a less boring and intimidating way I find.
    • Given the current circumstance, we will give it a 30% successful rate (will revise this number as things progress)
    Isn't that number a little bit low? Are you sure you wanna try?
    • The Lean Startup written by Eric Ries offers us some interesting way of looking at startups. There is no need to figure out a perfect plan right from the get-go. It's like you drive a car from point A to point B. You don't have to plan for the exact moment or the exact force you step on your gas.
    • In terms of reasons behind starting the business: it's something Jeff Bezos called regret minimization. It's not like my partners and I have some aversions towards jobs. Starting a business gives our lives meaning.
    • For me, I can always get a job, but the opportunity cost of failing is escalating as I grow older
    Why are you posting your progress here?
    • I'm a little perfectionistic, and it can sometimes stop me from doing something. Considering I sometimes go for the extra mile to do things just to save face and avoid humiliations, why don't I use my fear of humiliation as a tool to go against my fear of losing? Now I have the issue of being masochistic?
    • Joke aside, I have been loving this quote from David Rubenstein (at Robert H. Smith School of Business). He gave me a little laugh and some positive wisdom. Using my perfectionism is one of the funny implementations of such a rule.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  2. George Appiah

George Appiah Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,013
    Congratulations on beginning the journey, and Godspeed on your journey!

One question: what's your delivery mechanism for your lessons: Live (in person) training? Website based course? Mobile app? Live video/webinars?

Why did you choose this particular delivery mechanism?

ricardox likes this.
  3. ricardox

ricardox New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $43
    Thank you very much for your reply, George.

It is a great question and there is no easy answer to it
    • The idea off the top of my mind at the moment is to sell them as videos, could be digital downloadable contents (seems like a perfect target for copycat) or via online on-demand streaming.
    • We may change the idea as the time goes on so we shall see.
    Why?
    • If I say I came up with the idea myself I'm lying. Tim Ferriss walked through an array of business ventures in his book (4 hour work week). I found out his idea of selling information is a really attractive concept for me.
    • I'm a risk-averse person so I usually avoid businesses with physical products.
    • Nonetheless, the real reason behind it how this business aligns so well with what I love to do, what I capable to do, the skills I wanna cultivate. Sometimes I lay in bed wondering why I hadn't started doing it three years ago.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  4. S.Y.

S.Y. Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,612
    How do you plan to differentiate yourself from current solutions (Kaplan, Fitch, etc...)?

I have LII under my belt.And I know the commitment it takes. Talking about myself, I will go towards current established solutions because of the commitment.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.