The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Can I swear here?...

Raveling

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Jul 14, 2019
I couldn't find any forum this topic fit, but as a newbie, can I swear here?

To be clear, not just swearing for the sake of it, more like Gary Vee, in my most authentic state I swear. That said, even though I think grown-ups should have the option, I'll also respect the forum rules if swearing and being politically incorrect are ( unfortunately ) forbidden here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

ChrisV

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
We don't really like that shit around here. We think that swearing is for dicks.

But on a serious note, there nothing in the rules about it:

But at the same time there are ladies on the forum, and going overboard with swearing displays a lack of class. But as far as I know there are no rules about it.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
Netherlands
Depends on whether every other word is swearing. If it's your whole vocabulary list in conversation just does get annoying after awhile. Not really very professional of course or effective communications skills for business. Sure, I would love to swear when I get mad, but I understand it's not effective when working in certain environments. If you swear once in awhile not a big deal. Just depends on how emotionally attached you are to your favorite swear words.

broswoodwork

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
I think there's some sort of magical line in the sand.

It's definitely not 4chan, but the decorum is a bit more relaxed than other forums. Kind of a get it done, even if it's a little dirty. Think Patton.

Gamefan

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 26, 2019
Pacific Northwest
But at the same time there are ladies on the forum, and going overboard with swearing displays a lack of class. But as far as I know there are no rules about it.
I rarely curse but that's not a good reason. There are women who swear more than men. Even in Unscripted, MJ wrote: "sailor mouth girlfriend".

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
Netherlands

Primeperiwinkle

though she be but little...
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 30, 2018
DFW
Only if you contribute to the overall joy of the group or take action. Cursing is frowned upon when all you’re doing is complaining.

Bring the F*cking funny!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom