The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can a commoditized business lead to a truly CENTS Fastlane business?

Razzle

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
May 17, 2019
Ok guys, looking to quit my job asap. I bought this course on how to start a home painting business from a guy who actually has a million dollar home painting business. I know guru alert .But he actually shows you how he built his. While it does violate the commandment of entry it is exaclty what I need to take the first step in quitting my job while I focus on a need based Fastlane business. Just looking to use it as a stepping stone to at least get the ball rolling. I'm 50 so I gotta get going. In other words is it better than doing nothing? I think so.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Yeh , reread the book. If you can fulfill all the the CENTS criteria thats a good sign but you can definitely do well without hitting every key

spreng

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 1, 2019
I would start with your experience? Your 50 so you have to have some. What can you leverage that other people can't, boom, you've got Entry checked off.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ok guys, looking to quit my job asap.

Sounds like you'll be swapping one job for another, one with physical labor. As someone near your age, it isn't a path I'd take. I can't imagine my first steps toward financial independence involving a being on a ladder 8 hours a day doing back-breaking work.

Has your guru given you a foolproof plan on how to be systematized right out of the gate?

So you're not working 6 days a week on a ladder?

Razzle

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
May 17, 2019
Sounds like you'll be swapping one job for another, one with physical labor. As someone near your age, it isn't a path I'd take. I can't imagine my first steps toward financial independence involving a being on a ladder 8 hours a day doing back-breaking work.

Has your guru given you a foolproof plan on how to be systematized right out of the gate?

So you're not working 6 days a week on a ladder?

Thanks MJ, but no I won't be on a ladder. In fact in the course he is adamant about not painting. The first video he says" If your painting, STOP PAINTING!'' He wants us to focus on sales and marketing.He has a systemized process that he used to build his bble to brinusiness. His process is very detailed in sales,marketing,estimating, pricing ,how to hire subs, and what your numbers need to be before you bring on a salesperson or a production person etc..
Once you are able to bring on some help he wants it to be, at most, a part time business.

I read Unscripted and Millionaire Fastlane . After reading those books I never came away with idea to start painting houses at 50! Ha! I'm dumb but I'm not stupid. I'd have bigger problems than just being scripted at 50.
So what do you think?
Thanks Again for the books and the reply.

Razzle

So what do you think?

Razzle

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
May 17, 2019
Thanks MJ, but no I won't be on a ladder. In fact in the course he is adamant about not painting. The first video he says" If your painting, STOP PAINTING!'' He wants us to focus on sales and marketing.He has a systemized process that he used to build his bble to brinusiness. His process is very detailed in sales,marketing,estimating, pricing ,how to hire subs, and what your numbers need to be before you bring on a salesperson or a production person etc..
Once you are able to bring on some help he wants it to be, at most, a part time business.

I read Unscripted and Millionaire Fastlane . After reading those books I never came away with idea to start painting houses at 50! Ha! I'm dumb but I'm not stupid. I'd have bigger problems than just being scripted at 50.
So what do you think?
Thanks Again for the books and the reply.

Razzle

So what do you think?
I would start with your experience? Your 50 so you have to have some. What can you leverage that other people can't, boom, you've got Entry checked off.
Thanks Spreng, I already have some ideas in my field but the painting deal could be a quicker scripted exit while I move forward on that. Thanks again. Everything helps at this point.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Well if you're actually going to be building a painting company and not doing the painting yourself, can start in one area and expand it to many, I think it'd be fastlane and fit the unit expansion model.

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
The guy who started 1-800-GOT-JUNK started a franchised painting company as well. Be creative and there's no reason you can't scale a service business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.