The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buying a Blog

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Please tell me, if its a good idea!

I think of buying a blog.
Creating a blog is quite laborious. Not only from hours to invest, but from generating it from zero. I m not good with that.
So I think of buying a blog, which has some decent cashfow and information about a theme I know.
Than optimizing with information and let it run.

Good or not?

Btw : where to buy a blog related to Europe, especially Germany?
Is it necessary to concentrate to Europe, or better to manage a blog in English, for worldwide interest?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I m looking at Flippa. Its quite hard for me to search through the offers and really see something about them through the lines.
What does it mean : a year old, 11 months with 50 profit and in the middle one with 10000 profit. Looks like scam for me.
And things like that.

Is it important that the blog/page is in my niche? I think I can work me in any niche, when there is some content already.?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Spino

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 26, 2019
As MTF said blog that actually are making money will sell for a minimum of 12 up to 24 months time the monthly profit (I sold my website for 18x monthly profit last year).

The advantage of buying a blog is that you cut some of the time required to get ranking and domain authority, however you have some things to consider:
- Traffic sources, better if primarily organic
- Revenue model, subscription, sales, ads and so on
- Niche, it comes easier if you know something about the area
- Costs, how is it currently maintained, by who, hosting, transfer and so on

Flippa and EmpireFlippers have lots of free resources to understanding better what you are going towards

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Thanks for the input.
In the range I am willibg to invest I didn t find satisfying.

So I have another question.
I have a site with Information regarding a miche.
Its only a summary of information. Not user friendly and not optimized for a blog.

When I alter that and make a clear structure in it, coult that have success as a blog?
May be someone could throw a view on it? Pn for url.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
A blog is like a business, so if you don't have experience, and buy one probably, you are not going to know what to do. Do you know something about SEO or content creation? Monetization?

I'm not saying that is not a good idea, but the process to create one, or various, from zero is a good exercise to learn some basics.

If you finally buy one for 12x or 24, you are going to have to wait that time to get your money back, and if you do something bad maybe you don't get your money back. Also, if you don't earn more money that what you put, you have another problem that is the cost of opportunity.

I probably say yes to buy a blog, but when you have some experience. You could put that money in other things, like create the content or get backlinks, all while you are learning about this sector. Yes, it's going to take some time, but all the things in life that worth takes time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.