The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Building mobile app - MVP strategy

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Rafael_PL

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Jun 19, 2017
Wrocław, Poland
Hey,

I'm building mobile app (Android) for personal trainers. Technical aspect was'nt a big deal for me because I'm working everyday as software developer. Bigger problem is proper marketing strategy. I've read The Lean Startup by Eric Ries and MVP approach has a lot of sense for me.

So, I've choose my target group (personal trainers). In a few weeks I'm going to publish my first MVP version of the product. Now I need to find eraly evangelists but I completely have no idea how big this group should be? How to get to them? Using fb or maybe face to face at my local gym?

Other aspect, is forcing MVP model has any sense if I'm single software dev not a startup or bigger company?

Finaly, in first version of my app, everything will be free (but app will have limitations). In future versions I will provide some additional paid features. How clients look for spending money at this market? Even if this features will give them real value?

Do you have any experience guys?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2016
I need to find eraly evangelists but I completely have no idea how big this group should be? How to get to them? Using fb or maybe face to face at my local gym?

If you want to acquire investment for further marketing or development the early group would be your social proof.

If you can go face-to-face then it's your advantage. You can see how they are reacting live, if they understand your app or if they have problems.

is forcing MVP model has any sense if I'm single software dev not a startup or bigger company?

I don't know if 'forcing' is a accurate word here to use. If i ware you i would do MVP, check with people and iterate if there is no desire or understanding about app.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Price is going up to $3,000 on Jan 1st. We went through the cost of running it over the last...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom