The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building mobile app - MVP strategy

Marketing, social media, advertising

Rafael_PL

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 19, 2017
Wrocław, Poland
Hey,

I'm building mobile app (Android) for personal trainers. Technical aspect was'nt a big deal for me because I'm working everyday as software developer. Bigger problem is proper marketing strategy. I've read The Lean Startup by Eric Ries and MVP approach has a lot of sense for me.

So, I've choose my target group (personal trainers). In a few weeks I'm going to publish my first MVP version of the product. Now I need to find eraly evangelists but I completely have no idea how big this group should be? How to get to them? Using fb or maybe face to face at my local gym?

Other aspect, is forcing MVP model has any sense if I'm single software dev not a startup or bigger company?

Finaly, in first version of my app, everything will be free (but app will have limitations). In future versions I will provide some additional paid features. How clients look for spending money at this market? Even if this features will give them real value?

Do you have any experience guys?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I need to find eraly evangelists but I completely have no idea how big this group should be? How to get to them? Using fb or maybe face to face at my local gym?

If you want to acquire investment for further marketing or development the early group would be your social proof.

If you can go face-to-face then it's your advantage. You can see how they are reacting live, if they understand your app or if they have problems.

is forcing MVP model has any sense if I'm single software dev not a startup or bigger company?

I don't know if 'forcing' is a accurate word here to use. If i ware you i would do MVP, check with people and iterate if there is no desire or understanding about app.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.