The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building an oral care startup...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

mshiddensecret

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 15, 2016
Hey guys, I'm going to start documenting my progress here since it will help keep myself accountable through this journey.

So far, I have a product idea where it will improve the oral health for kids. The problem I am solving is to make the process of brushing your teeth more fun so that kids that don't brush their teeth will actually enjoy the process. I won't get too much into the product, but it involves a some bit of engineering. Since I'm already an engineer by trade, it helps a lot in that I have exposure to what is possible. There will be electronics component, and a mobile app that works alongside it.

I have drew a rough sketch of it on paper. And I'm paying someone on fiverr for $40 to build me a 3D rendering of it. The reason I am starting with this step is because I want to use the model in my marketing material and try to pre-sell it (online & in person). I have a 3D printer that I can use at work, so I can also print out a physical model which helps when I'm sharing it with people in real life.

Right now, I am drawing up what the mobile app looks like. And doing more research on my target market so I can craft my messages carefully. I think I will host using Shopify, and will run FB ads, Google ads, and perhaps bing ads as well.

The market research/test will likely go on until March. By then if the numbers look good, I will turn off all my ads and start prototyping. Then reach out to manufacturer to get some samples. During the downtime, I will try to learn how to create a mobile app for it. The plan is to launch closer to Nov/Dec of this year, on Kickstarter. So a lot of work will go in into making the campaign.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BrianLateStart

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jun 11, 2019
Horseheads, NY
Oral care is so important. My wife and I joke about having some of our teeth pulled just to reduced the time needed. Anything thing that can make if more fun will help.

I'm curious with an App, is a phone needed to be at the sink with a child in order for this product to work?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.