The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Broke and Unfulfilled

colerobert

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 10, 2017
Crookston
Hello,
So I just turned 35 in November and am tired of my ever increasing debt load and feeling like I’m not providing enough for my immediate family. Since graduating college, I’ve been working for my family construction business, but thanks to some family members involved, I’m left feeling like I’m just biding my time and earning less than I feel like I’m worth. I foolishly took out student loans to live off of while in college, but because of my parents income level, I was only able to get high interest private loans. Needless to say this has cost me a fortune. Not to mention mounting credit card debt from poor decisions and failed business ideas.

Among my many failures in school, I was successful in reading, writing, English and speech. I’ve decided I’d like to learn to monetize that in way that allows me to continue to work my day job, but earn while I sleep. I have a strong desire to be able to be financially free and stable for the future. I wish to travel a little during my time off and take days off from work without worrying about paying the bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
While I totally understand and am in the same-ish boat...

REJOICE!

You've found the holy-grail of knowledge!

I think the first thing to do is to not pressure yourself. I know you want to pay those bills and get stuff done, but when you put yourself under unneeded pressure, you're likely to make mistakes and possibly convince yourself not to keep pushing through.

EX: I wasted money sending letters to businesses without first getting their emails to follow-up and planning an email sequence. It like I have to start over from scratch because the time it took to build those emails and send them... they will have certainly forgot I sent the letter.

Read some gold posts... ask some questions!

colerobert

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 10, 2017
Crookston
While I totally understand and am in the same-ish boat...

REJOICE!

You've found the holy-grail of knowledge!

I think the first thing to do is to not pressure yourself. I know you want to pay those bills and get stuff done, but when you put yourself under unneeded pressure, you're likely to make mistakes and possibly convince yourself not to keep pushing through.

EX: I wasted money sending letters to businesses without first getting their emails to follow-up and planning an email sequence. It like I have to start over from scratch because the time it took to build those emails and send them... they will have certainly forgot I sent the letter.

Read some gold posts... ask some questions!

Believe me, I’ve made every mistake I could in starting this journey. From buying useless software, to buying training I couldn’t use, to spending money on Facebook ads only to circle further down the drain. I finally realized I had shiny object syndrome and was only focusing my problem and not the solution.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
earning less than I feel like I’m worth
Congratulations. You know you are worth so much more than what you see in the outside right now. That's a whole lot more than others out there.

colerobert

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 10, 2017
Crookston
Congratulations. You know you are worth so much more than what you see in the outside right now. That's a whole lot more than others out there.

A simple google search brought me to this place. In the short time I’ve been here, I’ve already had the pleasure of reading some fantastic and informative posts.

xoxojbelle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 26, 2017
USA
"Nice" to see another member drowning in student loan debt! Welcome! I'm in the same boat. This forum has helped me a ton and I hope it's able to help you to!

colerobert

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 10, 2017
Crookston
"Nice" to see another member drowning in student loan debt! Welcome! I'm in the same boat. This forum has helped me a ton and I hope it's able to help you to!

No you’re most certainly not the only one. My biggest mistake was doing it in the first place. Looking back now that was one of my biggest mistakes, but at the same time it was a learning experience; a learning experience I didn’t actually learn from because I continued to accrue debt.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
and failed business ideas.

Care to share?

A simple google search brought me to this place. In the short time I’ve been here, I’ve already had the pleasure of reading some fantastic and informative posts.

Nice to hear. If ya like to move along further, please check out the books for which this forum represents. They will set your compass if you ever expect to navigate your way out of the mess you've been SCRIPTED to follow.

Other than that, welcome. Your story is quite common around here.... college, debt, menial job, WTF is this? There's gotta be more!

colerobert

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 10, 2017
Crookston
Care to share?

Nice to hear. If ya like to move along further, please check out the books for which this forum represents. They will set your compass if you ever expect to navigate your way out of the mess you've been SCRIPTED to follow.

Other than that, welcome. Your story is quite common around here.... college, debt, menial job, WTF is this? There's gotta be more!

Thank you for the suggestions. I will absolutely look into it[emoji106]

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
congratulations dont give up; there is always a Way when the will is strong enough...

you are in the right place. a lot of members have been in your corner and have MADE it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...