The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best way to market mobile apps

Marketing, social media, advertising

Duart

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 31, 2022
Hello guys,
I recently developed an mobile app and I was searching the web for how to market a mobile application. Unfortunately I found close to nothing. I'm familiar with affiliate marketing, I got the idea to contact social media influencer which have my target group as followers. I want monetize the use of app with admob (ads when using the app) and a premium function which disable the ads. But the issue I see is that there is no possibility to track if someone downloads the app or not and that the app is for free it makes it not even easier. So from this point of view it wouldn't be interesting for the influencer to work with me. Maybe if I can provide a solid plan like if they release their advertise I check the traffic/income from ads and guve them their piece for an dedicated period like 1 or 2 days.. yeah but that is only an idea. Does anyone know a good way to market an mobile app or even stayed at the same point as I? Would appreciate every helpful comment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
What does the app do?

The problem with marketing mobile apps is they aren't the same as web apps, but people try to treat them that way. Most people will hear about your app elsewhere and then target search for it on the App Store (meaning, they'll search for your app name specifically). There is such a thing as ASO (App Store Optimization) but, well, there's a reason you probably haven't heard of it until now: it doesn't do much, because people aren't really finding apps that way.

Duart

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 31, 2022
What does the app do?

The problem with marketing mobile apps is they aren't the same as web apps, but people try to treat them that way. Most people will hear about your app elsewhere and then target search for it on the App Store (meaning, they'll search for your app name specifically). There is such a thing as ASO (App Store Optimization) but, well, there's a reason you probably haven't heard of it until now: it doesn't do much, because people aren't really finding apps that way.
This app use the GPT3 model. Users can chat with and get a reply like ChatGPT. I build it myself because in appstore is as I saw no app in german language and the usability really sucks. I implemented some more functions which other apps do not have so far. But at this point I need to market it. Because of the fact that ASO is not really suitable for that, like you said. I have to think about another way.
Is there a book or so which you can recommend about mobile app marketing

Vivielle

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2023
Italy
Hello guys,
I recently developed an mobile app and I was searching the web for how to market a mobile application.
There is a freeCodeCamp's course that explain very well business of building apps. Maybe you won't be interested in the technical part since you've already built it but the marketing and user searching part may help you.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poLzjLt2yqU

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
The problem with trying to market your app as-is is that there isn't really a user base for it. Right now, ChatGPT is a fad. Maybe it'll be something in the future, but when that happens it won't be for the general purpose use it's seeing right now.

Personally, I would take the base app you have and see if I could find a way to make it hyper relevant to specific niches. GPT3 AI, specifically for breastfeeding moms/teens with social anxiety/woodworkers/etc. Then you can work into those markets, which is a lot easier than saying "my target market is anyone who thinks chatgpt is neat."

Duart

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 31, 2022
The problem with trying to market your app as-is is that there isn't really a user base for it. Right now, ChatGPT is a fad. Maybe it'll be something in the future, but when that happens it won't be for the general purpose use it's seeing right now.

Personally, I would take the base app you have and see if I could find a way to make it hyper relevant to specific niches. GPT3 AI, specifically for breastfeeding moms/teens with social anxiety/woodworkers/etc. Then you can work into those markets, which is a lot easier than saying "my target market is anyone who thinks chatgpt is neat."
Totally agree with you. I see this as an project where I can build on and learn from it. For now I implemented user authentication management with firebase so there are now possibilities to track user activities to come back to root of my post But the app is ready to launch if backend can be hosted. Heroku is nice to use but not straightforward if you have a lot of dependencies to install. So still I'm the process to make it run.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.