The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

RANT Bandaids And Breadcrumbs

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I hate the term "content marketing".

I see this bullshit everywhere on social media, blogs, and especially Youtube. Everyone is so focused on giving "value" when in reality they're just offering paper thin bandaids that never solve the real underlying problems, under the guise of "content marketing".

And we wonder why business owners are so burnt out on marketing?

upload_2019-3-22_16-42-41.png

Businesses don't need your 37 page PDF on Google Ads.

Businesses don't need to "do social media" because everyone else is.

Businesses don't need a responsive website.

What they do need is a transformation.

A solid case study outlining real results from real people is going to destroy a "15 Steps To A Bangin' Landing Page" blog post every single time.

As marketers, we tend to value stats, KPIs, if a blue button converts better than a red one, etc...

This leads to the swath of "50 reasons you need to be on Instagram" blog posts.

But as business owners, we only care about sales, and feeding our families.

That's it.

Burn this into your brain: Your customers don't value the same things you do. You need to offer relevant value.

upload_2019-3-22_16-26-16.jpeg

I promise you business owners don't give a rat's a$$ about your Youtube channel, or Instagram profile. The only reason they stumbled upon your half-baked "value" is because they were looking for a solution to their problem.

Give them the f*cking solution.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
freelance is cool. but to own a business is like freedom. A newsletter I'm subscribed to gave...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I am going to test this for a month and see how it goes... If anyone wants to join using Crypto...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom