The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Atlas Shrugged Week 14: Ch 7-10

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Ch 7-10
Dagny and Galt carry out a plan to defy the looters and survive. They succeed. The End.

We made it. Limping.. bewildered.. yawning.. but we made it.

Congratulations to all of you who boldly contributed your thoughts, hopes, dreams, philosophies and humor to this discussion.

It has been my pleasure to share with you all.

What did you think of the book?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
Ch 7-10
Dagny and Galt carry out a plan to defy the looters and survive. They succeed. The End.

We made it. Limping.. bewildered.. yawning.. but we made it.

Congratulations to all of you who boldly contributed your thoughts, hopes, dreams, philosophies and humor to this discussion.

It has been my pleasure to share with you all.

What did you think of the book?
I roughly consider myself to be Libertarianish, and went in a bit biased (both times). I still don't think I can relate to straight up objectivism, but I agree with a lot of Rand's philosophy, at least on the personal level.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I found this article intriguing. It talks about how an executive at Sears actually attempted a Rand-style leadership and then what happened next.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
I found this article intriguing. It talks about how an executive at Sears actually attempted a Rand-style leadership and then what happened next.
"A house divided against itself cannot stand."

I found the Honduras illustration to be helpful in that article, too.

To me it seems self-evident that Rand's version of morality ("unfettered self-interest is good and altruism is destructive") is the direct opposite of love. It's a twisted, upside-down thing to pit love and selfishness against each other—and then argue for selfishness.

What does that look like when one person in Wuhan buys seven 100-pound bags of rice before the grocery stores run out of food, and his neighbor has none? Rand would say it's right and good for the guy with the rice to just shrug at his neighbor and say, "Too bad for you. I'm gonna look out for #1. Go ahead and die for all I care. It's better for me that way."

What does that look like when a whole nation operates with that philosophy? China: "We're going to shut down all our manufacturing until Feb 10, and then, since the disease is probably going to be waaaaaay worse by then, we're going to probably extend that date indefinitely. Oh, that's not good for you, America? Fine, just watch your prices for EVERYTHING start to go up. Oh, that's going to hurt your economy? What does that matter to us? As long as we in leadership get to live in comfort, that's our priority."

It's just an invitation for world chaos.

I truly don't see how anyone could seriously entertain the idea that this was a good route to take.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.