The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Atlas Shrugged Week 13: Ch 5&6

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
It’s still Friday! Whew! I made it!

Atlas Shrugged Part III Ch 5 & 6

Ch 5 Their Brothers’ Keepers

Copper wires keep breaking. The continued breakdown of machinery plunges TT into a bygone era where they must use lanterns to signal the trains. The bad guys, high on their new conquest of Argentina and the d’ Anconio copper mines realize a gut wrenching truth - there are no copper mines left. Francisco’s work (which they were counting on to finance their greed) is gone. And so is he.

Ch 6 The Concerto of Deliverance

The bad guys in government try to trap Rearden into working while they implement a Steel Union. His entire family begs him to stay and work himself to death to provide for them. He sees them for what they are, selfish bitches. While driving back to his Mills Rearden swerves and discovers Wet Nurse lying on the side of the road, barely alive. He has been shot because of his loyalty to Rearden. Tony tells Hank how the gov guys organized a violent mob which is even now attacking the factory. Rearden goes to see the situation and is attacked immediately. Francisco d’Anconio saves him yet again. This time Hank is ready to talk.

My thoughts: I think the sex scene could have been better... Js.

Do you guys mind if we condense the next two weeks? I want to get this finished before the Summit. That would mean next week is four chapters and we will be DONE!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Somebody ask a question. I can’t think of any. Lol

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Who is John Galt?

Well.. from a woman’s perspective.. he’s that guy you long for all your life, hoping and praying that one man will connect with you on a multiple of levels and YET still be so strong that he stays true to his own moral code. A man who will offer you a new world but respect every cell in your being as valuable.. for yourself.. because if you weren’t he wouldn’t dare invite you to his future.

But in the book? He’s a hottie who challenges Dagny’s leadership in a self-sacrificing way without being a puppy while also, simultaneously, respecting and appreciating her femininity.

This book really is a romance of surrender with some philosophy thrown in. Js.

Somebody argue with me. I will continue to giggle and reference Twilight.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Four chapters before the summit? I just got done with these.

This book really is a romance of surrender with some philosophy thrown in. Js.

Can't argue with that...

This part got to me.

"yet man, whose tool of survival is the mind, does not merely fail to teach a child to think, but devotes the child’s education to the purpose of destroying his brain, of convincing him that thought is futile and evil, before he has started to think. From the first catch-phrases flung at a child to the last, it is like a series of shocks to freeze his motor, to undercut the power of his consciousness. “Don’t ask so many questions, children should be seen and not heard!”—“Who are you to think? It’s so, because I say so!”—“Don’t argue, obey!”

I grew up in a house that was different than this, thankfully, but several poor teachers tried to drill these lessons in.

I catch myself occasionally saying stuff like this to my kids, maybe not quite as bad, and then I stop mortified. And then I explain in perhaps too much detail, but their little minds soak up everything.

I find sometimes I agree with Rand's conclusions even if I get there a different way.

Onto the next chapters. Time to up the narration speed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.