• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC Areas in life where 4-hour weeks actually get you somewhere

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by GainsGainsGains, Jul 17, 2018.

1. GainsGainsGains

GainsGainsGains Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $176
    We all know the "4-hour workweek" and reading the fastlane, MJ doesn't think too highly of it. Me neither, to be honest. At least not regarding business.

However, I think there are some projects where investing 4 hours a week actually gets you somewhere.

As a thought experiment, I came up with things which I typically don't invest more than 4 hours a week in and make significant progress:

-Taekwondo (probably most martial arts)
    -Gym
    -Photography

What's your 4-hour-week projects?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    0dysseus and The Racing Driver like this.
  2. Boo

Boo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $962
    I'd imagine I spend somewhere around 4-hours each week cooking, not including making food for the sake of survival. I'm always shocked at how many grown men and women I meet who couldn't cook a single dish that could be served at a dinner party, it's embarrassing.

Cooking is a fantastic skill, incredibly rewarding and can help you to make new friends and partnerships because it's far more personal than going to eat at a restaurant.

3. msufan

msufan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,255
    Running

GainsGainsGains likes this.
  4. GainsGainsGains

GainsGainsGains Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $176
    This is something I really want to get into more, I know some really basic dishes but that's about it

5. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,602
    Admin Post
    Great topic...

Reading!
    Stairmaster/Cardio!
    Swimming!
    And maybe a little educational TV on History or some other channel not tainted by political BS.

6. ygtrhos

ygtrhos Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $361
    Gym definitely!
    Reading
    Cooking
    Organising experiences (if you spend 4 hrs a week to look for new places, experiences and things to do, you might be amazed what you can do, even in your 30 day vacation)

7. jpanarra

jpanarra Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,281
    Love where this thread is going

- Online Courses Like Lynda/Udemy (any subject but my flavor of the month right now is setting up your own home server)
    - Dog Training (got a new pup)
    - Meditating

8. The Racing Driver

The Racing Driver Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,146
    1. Sim Racing - Trains my mind, improves my driving ability and gets me prepared to go racing in real life.

2. Gym - 4 hours a week of intense working out can be really tough. Though I spend much more time travelling to the gym and far more time recovering :p

9. LittleWolfie

LittleWolfie Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $520
    While this is true, those are not real 4 hour a week TF style projects.

It is about spending 4 hours a week to sustain the business. Authors of a fro dummies book would be a good example. They might have spent years learning the craft, months writing the book and now they just publish and collect the license cheques, that could be 4 hours a week.

Remember TF likes infoproducts (the lockpicking videos and set on here or YouTube content creators are other examples that fit with the 4HW

I follow why MJ dislikes the people who think they can only put 4 hours in a nd get the result, but that's not in TF book. It is about making time rather than wealth the fruit of your money tree.

The fastlane version might be to have multiple small business like that rather than one big one.

MysticFenix likes this.
  10. 0dysseus

0dysseus New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $33
    Learning about correct breathing and posture, checking out The Alexander Technique, seems like the goodness can overflow in other areas of life

11. Desmond

Desmond New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $84
    Learning a new language

12. Dylan Hobrecht

Dylan Hobrecht Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $191
    -self education
    -yard work(hate it)
    Does keep the neighborhood looking nice though
    -dating
    -I’m kinda obsessed with Starcraft(video game competitions) on YouTube(a nerd party would be awesome)
    -Gotta have reading too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. LPPC

LPPC Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $864
    Meditation, in my opinion the single most important tool for self development. If you continue to meditate for 4 hours a week for years on, you will certainly grow in your inner experience.