The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Areas in life where 4-hour weeks actually get you somewhere

GainsGainsGains

Contributor
Jul 11, 2018
We all know the "4-hour workweek" and reading the fastlane, MJ doesn't think too highly of it. Me neither, to be honest. At least not regarding business.

However, I think there are some projects where investing 4 hours a week actually gets you somewhere.

As a thought experiment, I came up with things which I typically don't invest more than 4 hours a week in and make significant progress:

-Taekwondo (probably most martial arts)
-Gym
-Photography

What's your 4-hour-week projects?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Boo

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Jul 6, 2018
I'd imagine I spend somewhere around 4-hours each week cooking, not including making food for the sake of survival. I'm always shocked at how many grown men and women I meet who couldn't cook a single dish that could be served at a dinner party, it's embarrassing.

Cooking is a fantastic skill, incredibly rewarding and can help you to make new friends and partnerships because it's far more personal than going to eat at a restaurant.

OP
OP
G

GainsGainsGains

Contributor
Jul 11, 2018
I'd imagine I spend somewhere around 4-hours each week cooking, not including making food for the sake of survival. I'm always shocked at how many grown men and women I meet who couldn't cook a single dish that could be served at a dinner party, it's embarrassing.

Cooking is a fantastic skill, incredibly rewarding and can help you to make new friends and partnerships because it's far more personal than going to eat at a restaurant.
This is something I really want to get into more, I know some really basic dishes but that's about it

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Great topic...

What's your 4-hour-week projects?
Reading!
Stairmaster/Cardio!
Swimming!
And maybe a little educational TV on History or some other channel not tainted by political BS.

ygtrhos

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 27, 2016
Gym definitely!
Reading
Cooking
Organising experiences (if you spend 4 hrs a week to look for new places, experiences and things to do, you might be amazed what you can do, even in your 30 day vacation)

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 20, 2015
Hong Kong
1. Sim Racing - Trains my mind, improves my driving ability and gets me prepared to go racing in real life.

2. Gym - 4 hours a week of intense working out can be really tough. Though I spend much more time travelling to the gym and far more time recovering :p

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
As a thought experiment, I came up with things which I typically don't invest more than 4 hours a week in and make significant progress:
While this is true, those are not real 4 hour a week TF style projects.

It is about spending 4 hours a week to sustain the business. Authors of a fro dummies book would be a good example. They might have spent years learning the craft, months writing the book and now they just publish and collect the license cheques, that could be 4 hours a week.

Remember TF likes infoproducts (the lockpicking videos and set on here or YouTube content creators are other examples that fit with the 4HW

I follow why MJ dislikes the people who think they can only put 4 hours in a nd get the result, but that's not in TF book. It is about making time rather than wealth the fruit of your money tree.

The fastlane version might be to have multiple small business like that rather than one big one.

0dysseus

Contributor
May 23, 2018
Berlin, Germany
Learning about correct breathing and posture, checking out The Alexander Technique, seems like the goodness can overflow in other areas of life

Desmond

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
May 24, 2016
Learning a new language

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Dylan Hobrecht

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
-self education
-yard work(hate it)
Does keep the neighborhood looking nice though
-dating
-I’m kinda obsessed with Starcraft(video game competitions) on YouTube(a nerd party would be awesome)
-Gotta have reading too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
Mar 6, 2016
Meditation, in my opinion the single most important tool for self development. If you continue to meditate for 4 hours a week for years on, you will certainly grow in your inner experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom