The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Areas in life where 4-hour weeks actually get you somewhere

GainsGainsGains

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 11, 2018
We all know the "4-hour workweek" and reading the fastlane, MJ doesn't think too highly of it. Me neither, to be honest. At least not regarding business.

However, I think there are some projects where investing 4 hours a week actually gets you somewhere.

As a thought experiment, I came up with things which I typically don't invest more than 4 hours a week in and make significant progress:

-Taekwondo (probably most martial arts)
-Gym
-Photography

What's your 4-hour-week projects?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Boo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 6, 2018
I'd imagine I spend somewhere around 4-hours each week cooking, not including making food for the sake of survival. I'm always shocked at how many grown men and women I meet who couldn't cook a single dish that could be served at a dinner party, it's embarrassing.

Cooking is a fantastic skill, incredibly rewarding and can help you to make new friends and partnerships because it's far more personal than going to eat at a restaurant.

GainsGainsGains

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 11, 2018
I'd imagine I spend somewhere around 4-hours each week cooking, not including making food for the sake of survival. I'm always shocked at how many grown men and women I meet who couldn't cook a single dish that could be served at a dinner party, it's embarrassing.

Cooking is a fantastic skill, incredibly rewarding and can help you to make new friends and partnerships because it's far more personal than going to eat at a restaurant.

This is something I really want to get into more, I know some really basic dishes but that's about it

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great topic...

What's your 4-hour-week projects?

Reading!
Stairmaster/Cardio!
Swimming!
And maybe a little educational TV on History or some other channel not tainted by political BS.

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 27, 2016
Gym definitely!
Reading
Cooking
Organising experiences (if you spend 4 hrs a week to look for new places, experiences and things to do, you might be amazed what you can do, even in your 30 day vacation)

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Love where this thread is going

- Online Courses Like Lynda/Udemy (any subject but my flavor of the month right now is setting up your own home server)
- Dog Training (got a new pup)
- Meditating

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
1. Sim Racing - Trains my mind, improves my driving ability and gets me prepared to go racing in real life.

2. Gym - 4 hours a week of intense working out can be really tough. Though I spend much more time travelling to the gym and far more time recovering :p

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
As a thought experiment, I came up with things which I typically don't invest more than 4 hours a week in and make significant progress:

While this is true, those are not real 4 hour a week TF style projects.

It is about spending 4 hours a week to sustain the business. Authors of a fro dummies book would be a good example. They might have spent years learning the craft, months writing the book and now they just publish and collect the license cheques, that could be 4 hours a week.

Remember TF likes infoproducts (the lockpicking videos and set on here or YouTube content creators are other examples that fit with the 4HW

I follow why MJ dislikes the people who think they can only put 4 hours in a nd get the result, but that's not in TF book. It is about making time rather than wealth the fruit of your money tree.

The fastlane version might be to have multiple small business like that rather than one big one.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
-self education
-yard work(hate it)
Does keep the neighborhood looking nice though
-dating
-I’m kinda obsessed with Starcraft(video game competitions) on YouTube(a nerd party would be awesome)
-Gotta have reading too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Meditation, in my opinion the single most important tool for self development. If you continue to meditate for 4 hours a week for years on, you will certainly grow in your inner experience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.