The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Any ideas of some physical side hustles to make extra money?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

bjd02

Contributor
Aug 2, 2020
United Kingdom
By physical I mean where you are physically out doing the work, something with a low start up ($200 max) and something where i can start almost right away

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

thechosen1

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Texas
Check out the gold thread "Unsexy business ideas" and also consider all the trades.

Lots of guys around here work as welders out of the back of their trucks.
Construction is good. If you have the drive, go get certified for something like home inspector or electrician or plumber, that will greatly increase your earning power.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Parking lot striping

Chalk , string , a little football field style striper that takes spray paint and the paint

Voila

Go find little places on the outskirts (not big nice proffesional strip malls just yet) and hustle it up.

Another would be pressure washing driveways and sealing them.

If you're near an apartment complex , make up some fliers and offer to take garbage bags they leave on their front porch to the dumpster for a subscription fee (whatever , 15 a week? 2 bucks a bag? Idk)

Slightly harder mode , cleaning out the garbage bins for people who live in sub divisions , its harder because you run up against where to put the icky water you create.

Johnny boy

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Where do you live?

What do you already own? If you have a car, how big is it? Do you have any tools? Access to a truck?

Do you live in a house with a place to store stuff?

Raoul Duke

Do I really look like a guy with a plan?
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016
Parking lot striping

Chalk , string , a little football field style striper that takes spray paint and the paint

Voila

Go find little places on the outskirts (not big nice proffesional strip malls just yet) and hustle it up.

Another would be pressure washing driveways and sealing them.

If you're near an apartment complex , make up some fliers and offer to take garbage bags they leave on their front porch to the dumpster for a subscription fee (whatever , 15 a week? 2 bucks a bag? Idk)

Slightly harder mode , cleaning out the garbage bins for people who live in sub divisions , its harder because you run up against where to put the icky water you create.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNdvt8hv7Kw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDI0bKJwD9U

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHDlswy5Asc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpBx6oe78-g

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEQaUkxEPUw

Johnny boy

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Depending on where you live and the time of year.

1. Pressure washing (friend of mine has this business)
2. Gutter cleaning (another friend of mine)
3. Lawn care (my business)
4. any of the other ideas here mentioned.

If you want to do it yourself you can make a grand a day.

My lawn care business is nice because I can easily have recurring consistent revenue, employees doing the work, and the profit margins are healthy. It's easy to get customers from facebook ads. (I spend about $30 in advertising per customer signed up. The average customer pays $1800 a year for lawn care so it's worth it)

MHP368

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Yeh they have a pretty thorough "how to" book on this for cheap as well. It doesn't scale in the sense that a digital product can but you can add more equipment and services and build it out to a construction firm.

Knugs

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jan 10, 2016
Thread creator clearly states UK in his profile. Unfortunately a lot of jobs mentioned in the above are not an option/have no opportunity/weak opportunity in the UK.

Many window cleaner for residential and commercial buildings in the UK but I guess during COVID there isnt going to be a demand. Also, since you are in a new lockdown since yesterday/today I guess a lot of opportunity is gone.

Deliveries in all sorts and form have gone up incredibly. Potential opportunities for a new business

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Sanitising restaurants or service places that are similar

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

afrankmore

Contributor
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
By physical I mean where you are physically out doing the work, something with a low start up ($200 max) and something where i can start almost right away
Residential Waste Management Sanitation... Basically you go around cleaning peoples trash cans

Got a mower? Can you hedge and edge? Start with a Hedge, edge, mow, blow and go... I watched a close friend of mine start out with 3 houses and in 5 years had around 50 yards and two apartment complexes running 3 crews 5 days a week.. How did he start? Found a push lawn mower and went to town!!!

Veloman

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 10, 2018
Austin
If you only have a car, you can still do some jobs that normally use a truck. Mount a hitch and use a cargo rack, reinforcing the rack to the bumper so it doesn't wobble and can hold more weight.

I mowed nearly full time with this setup on a Prius, using battery powered equipment, so I didn't have any gas machines or cans in the car. The cargo rack should hold 200lbs no problem if you do the above. My mower weighed 80lbs, super fast and easy to load it on the rack. No trailer to deal with.

WJK

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Nikiski, Alaska
mowing lawns
shovel snow
remove junk/debris
clean gutters
pull weeds
Uber
babysit
clean houses
walk dogs
clean up poop in yards
dog sit
wash walls
wash/detail cars
etc. The list can go on forever...

afrankmore

Contributor
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
mowing lawns
shovel snow
remove junk/debris
clean gutters
pull weeds
Uber
babysit
clean houses
walk dogs
clean up poop in yards
dog sit
wash walls
wash/detail cars
etc. The list can go on forever...
What if the author of the thread, started to network locally with small business that already do this and create a type of employment agency? Some times, yard guys get big jobs and can use extra hands...

WJK

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Nikiski, Alaska
What if the author of the thread, started to network locally with small business that already do this and create a type of employment agency? Some times, yard guys get big jobs and can use extra hands...
What if he just starts -- and creates a reputation for being a hard worker and doing a good job? What can he learn from doing the hands-on work himself? Then he can hire someone, or partner with someone, to grow his business. There a big difference between knowing about something and really knowing it because you've done it...

afrankmore

Contributor
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
What if he just starts -- and creates a reputation for being a hard worker and doing a good job? What can he learn from doing the hands-on work himself? Then he can hire someone, or partner with someone, to grow his business. There a big difference between knowing about something and really knowing it because you've done it...
Agreed 100%

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
How much it will cost if I go for a new setup. I was looking for such ideas and I want to take...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom