The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Actually...I just want to be a farmer. Hi there.

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
Hello everyone from Germany!

I read the first book a while back and just finished the second one. And I have to hand it to MJ: He's speaking so much utter truth.

Personally, I was already involved in three companies. A comic book publisher (it's become really quiet and is more a hobby to us, these days, and gets the old crew together for conventions, nothing more), an import business for fishing flies (yeah, that one was closed fast by customs) and a consulting firm for startups (I'd rather not go into details, but...failed). Most of my time, I taught at university (sociology, economics, media studies).

I have a Trello Board full of business ideas, but I rarely act on them. And to be honest: I wouldn't have been able to, because about four years ago, I relapsed into my old drinking habits and it nearly killed me. A few times, actually. And then I tried to kill myself. Also a few times. I've gotten a grip on the demon in the bottle again, but: Living the life of a M.O.D.E.L citizen? I think the concept encompasses a lot, and it's a lot of what I don't want. I'd rather drink myself to death than to look forward to that. Sounds harsh? Probably. But I already hit a lot of the targets society deems a worthy endeavor and found myself asking: "And that's it?" No, it's not. At least not for me.

When I think about the happiest times in my life, it was writing comic books (something that is incredibly hard to turn into a viable career, although some people really pulled it off) or the time when I was working on a permaculture farm in the Middle East.

Unfortunately, land comes with a hefty price tag, and my comic books don't pay the bills. So I have to find a way to become economically independent. That's why I'm here. I'm hoping to find like-minded individuals who don't follow the path of gurus, but of sound, practical advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...