The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A 30 yr old with a "comfy" government job

bgoldenone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2018
Greetings everyone and thank you for reading this intro

By Fastlane Journey began about 3 weeks ago from one single comment that I read on another forum about Unscripted and TFL Millionaire. Being the proactive guy that I am I went to Amazon, read all the amazing comments and bought both books on Audible. Since then I have had a paradigm shift in my beliefs towards business and entreprenuership. In the beginning the concepts in the book were hard to stomach and created a cognitive dissonance. For me the lessons were a RADICALLY new approach and made me question the sincerity of my ambitions to be an entreprenuer, my career, and a host of other belief systems spoon fed to me since birth.

My family and most of those in my environment are EXTREME slow laners and side walkers. I was raised in a household where entreprenuership wasn't even mentioned. I saw my mother spending her youthful years laboring in the automotive plant for 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. The most distinct memories of my childhood included her coming home exhausted, smelling like oil and self medicating by catching the last tidbits of Oprah.This was the highlight of her day and I thought this was all normal.Growing up it was go to school, get a good job, and save in a 401k. I felt going to college was an obligation and made it a mission to graduate just so I could make up for her sacrifices. I never thought of questioning the rationale behind it. I sipped the purple koolaid that convinced me that a degree would lead to a 70k figure salary directly after college. Although I now work a comfortable job as a developer I am waist deep in student loan debt and find myself coming home in the evening just as morally and mentally defeated as my mom did.

Furthermore, the book also made me realize how my beliefs about entreprenuership hindered my past ventures. Instead of creating real value for people I consistently chased a quick buck and foolishly called myself an "entreprenuer" because of it. I fell for silly get rich quick schemes, followed the herd and invested my small earnings into crypto during all time highs, paid for courses on udemy guaranteeing a 6 figure monthly salary (which I never seemed to finish by the way). I did all of this because I failed to understand a core concept I read in MJ's 1st book - There is quick money but there is no such thing as quick and easy money.

I am admittedly a work in progress. However, I have made a commitment to study aspects of business every day without fail. Right now I have about a hundred business ideas but I want to take my time and research whether they serve real value in todays market.

I look forward to learning and sharing more with you guys

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Killer intro. Thanks for sharing, so happy to hear that the books resonated with you. Hope to see more of you here ... remember, "Fastlane" and entrepreneurship is not something you "TRY" -- it's something you live!

bgoldenone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2018
Awesome stuff. Commit to creating constructive habits into your life. Glad for you to join, Welcome
Killer intro. Thanks for sharing, so happy to hear that the books resonated with you. Hope to see more of you here ... remember, "Fastlane" and entrepreneurship is not something you "TRY" -- it's something you live!

Thank you very much.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...