The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

27 Year Old 8 Years Away From Retirement

JoshFuentes90

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 28, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hello,

My name is Josh Fuentes and I plan to retire at 35 or earlier. Currently, I work at as a school janitor. Very cushion union decent pay ($2500/Month) job where I work half the time I am paid for. My side gig is ebay ($5K/Month). Anyway, after reading the first book I learned my business violates the 5 commandments of the Fastlane. Therefore, I am considering building a website or an app that will get me on board the fastlane:D I have a few ideas but no experience with coding. Ive watched a few videos and visited websites on the subject. Furthermore, I will keep you guys updated on my journey IF ANYONE HAS ANY TIPS OR INFO you would like to share with me I would appreciate your kindness.

Best Regards

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JuliaLV

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
May 25, 2016
Latvia
Welcome and best of luck on your journey! =]

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My side gig is ebay ($5K/Month).

Congrats, impressive start.

after reading the first book I learned my business violates the 5 commandments of the Fastlane.

Are there any actions you can take to change that? A $5k/mo business that meets 0 commandments is better than someone who does nothing, but thinks their idea meets all 5.

Welcome aboard.

JoshFuentes90

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 28, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Congrats, impressive start.

Are there any actions you can take to change that? A $5k/mo business that meets 0 commandments is better than someone who does nothing, but thinks their idea meets all 5.

Welcome aboard.

If you mean scaling, yes. I am currently working towards $10K/12K a month by march of next year. By then my business would be about 75% passive. But my ultimate goal is to earn a few million dollars annually. Unfortunately, that will be too difficult and most important EXTREMELY time consuming for me to do. Thank you so much for the content youve published:D

Last edited:

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Is that possible to make that kind of money on Ebay ? Do you mind if i ask you..are you selling your own products or re-selling things ?

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
If you mean scaling, yes. I am currently working towards $10K/12K a month by march of next year. By then my business would be about 75% passive. But my ultimate goal is to earn a few million dollars annually. Unfortunately, that will be too difficult and most important EXTREMELY time consuming for me to do. Thank you so much for the content youve published:D
With 5k a month on eBay would it be possible to quit your cushy job and go after your entrepreneurial pursuits full time?

I'm not saying that I think you should because I don't know anything about you or your circumstances. I know that I would though.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Hello,

My name is Josh Fuentes and I plan to retire at 35 or earlier. Currently, I work at as a school janitor. Very cushion union decent pay ($2500/Month) job where I work half the time I am paid for. My side gig is ebay ($5K/Month). Anyway, after reading the first book I learned my business violates the 5 commandments of the Fastlane. Therefore, I am considering building a website or an app that will get me on board the fastlane:D I have a few ideas but no experience with coding. Ive watched a few videos and visited websites on the subject. Furthermore, I will keep you guys updated on my journey IF ANYONE HAS ANY TIPS OR INFO you would like to share with me I would appreciate your kindness.

Best Regards

Retire from what?

JoshFuentes90

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 28, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
With 5k a month on eBay would it be possible to quit your cushy job and go after your entrepreneurial pursuits full time?

I'm not saying that I think you should because I don't know anything about you or your circumstances. I know that I would though.

Hello,

I dont quit it because its EASY money plus holidays off and paid for, very cheap medical plan for my kid and wife, and as I said I work for half the time I am paid for. When I am done I either read or start working on ebay.

JoshFuentes90

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 28, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Is that possible to make that kind of money on Ebay ? Do you mind if i ask you..are you selling your own products or re-selling things ?

Possible? Yes. I am a reseller. The problem is that my business violates the fastlane commandment of control because I am precarious on ebay's updates, algorithm, ect

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Possible? Yes. I am a reseller. The problem is that my business violates the fastlane commandment of control because I am precarious on ebay's updates, algorithm, ect
Indeed,
Good luck for your next project ;)

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
Just wondering is it $5k in gross revenue or $5k in net income?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Hi,

I really dont keep track of it all. Most of my profits I use to stretch out my inventory. But I would say after fees (13%) I take home about $4K before taxes.

Have you thought about expanding to Amazon FBA? Could easily double your income.

JoshFuentes90

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 28, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Have you thought about expanding to Amazon FBA? Could easily double your income.

Thought about it, yes! I am a firm believer of concentrating your energy to one goal. For a few years that has been my learning about my niche on ebay. As I mentioned before, my time is now spent on scaling once my sales hit a constant monthly income I will have more time to peruse other entrepreneurial endeavors. Thank you very much for your suggestion feel free to inbox me if you want to share more information with me:)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...