The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

21 age male need advice

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 12, 2022
Im 21 years old and i have no idea what to do in life. Last 2 years i wasted my time in Technology Institute to study a course that i have no interest because my parents told me this course can learn good skill and make good money. Now i finally graduate from the Institute still have no interest work in this industry, so now my parents find me a job that work 11 hours a day and does not make lot of money. Any advice

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you had a larger purpose and meaning in your life, you would tolerate the job and suck it up.

Not all jobs are meant to be sunshine and rainbows. Hit the pavement and start working toward something that will inspire your soul.

Before you can get on stage and win a trophy, you have to grind behind the curtain, and that grind is rarely "passionate" or something you will enjoy.

This is the problem with too many young people today ... the want constant comfort when an exceptional life requires constant discomfort. Geez, I sound like @MTF.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
What course did you study?

If its Tech, I doubt the jobs would be that bad and the pay should be pretty good.

My first 2 jobs at 17 were a farmhand on a potato farm and a call center job dealing with complaints for the worst rated mobile provider in the UK, both for minimum wage. I took the jobs because I needed money. Do you think I had any interest in them?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
This is the problem with too many young people today ... the want constant comfort when an exceptional life requires constant discomfort. Geez, I sound like @MTF.

100%.

And I'm honored that you wrote that you sound like me haha.

My suggestion for @Sunset Sky face is to take responsibility for your life. You're 21 and your parents found you a job. It's clear they don't see you as a responsible person if they have to find you a job. Start by building their trust and showing that you can be responsible. Figure out what you want to do in life while you learn how to be disciplined.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Sorry, but damn near shot coffee out my nose when I read the, "I sound like @MTF."

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
@Sunset Sky face - precious few people really know what they want to do in life at 21. Many grow old and die without knowing. You have an advantage IF you choose to take advantage of it...this forum and the UNSCRIPTED future. But it doesn't come easy and will not be handed to you. You have to earn it.

So what kind of degree did you get and what is this job that has you working 11 hours a day?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Im 21 years old and i have no idea what to do in life. Last 2 years i wasted my time in Technology Institute to study a course that i have no interest because my parents told me this course can learn good skill and make good money. Now i finally graduate from the Institute still have no interest work in this industry, so now my parents find me a job that work 11 hours a day and does not make lot of money. Any advice
Then what industry interests you and pays higher?

Just research on the options you have and actions needed to be there.

2dads

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
Firstly Welcome & Congratulations on find this forum,

Your young and at 21 or 51 you can change what you want to do with your life, off course it is a lot easier when your in your 20’s compared to your 50’s (commitments like mortgages and kids make it harder – but not imposible)

Your physical Age is just a number – your brain age is a huge factor IMO, if you have been beaten by the world told you can’t do this and can only achieve “x” you might be 20 in physical years but have the brain of a crippled “90 year old” – slave/rat.

It looks like you have done a degree which your parents believe would give you the best chance in life, look parents do this and you can’t change this now. Time to use that degree and earn some money, look you have no interest in the job – oh well, that’s life. Use the skill set you have obtained to work and build a business in your spare time to solve a issue with demand.

Work is work, if you enjoy it – great, but at your age the big part is to get in and just start doing. Do not sit around waiting for a job which meets all your demands (the world does not care about your wants – you get what your worth and not a $ more):

Not preaching hustle culture or any of that shit, simply work, learn and grow and do not blame others and give it a shot.

Best of luck mate, just my advice

Bing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Aug 5, 2011

I bought TMF when it first came out, signed up here, basically never posted here, but adopted the philosophy. I'm making more money today than I know what to do with (~$1k/day profit after tax myself), and I'm worried I'll be BORED being a millionaire because I want to continue to grow. Don't get me wrong, having money is great! But once you have it, you're already in the mindset that "money isn't everything" and set your sights on loftier goals ("how do I help my community?", "how do I leave a legacy?", "how do I raise a family?").

Money doesn't make someone happy. But money buys freedom. Freedom makes a wise man happy.

lollo

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 20, 2021
Italy
Does this not explain it well enough?
Become rich in 8:48 minutes

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden
When I was your age I was working as a garbage man and doing dishes in the kitchen of a restaurant. It wasn't very glamorous and I actually hated it but it taught me some valuable things like getting up on time, having responsibility, working with other people, etc.

Besides, this job might give domain experience that will enable you to find an unsolved need that you can build a business around!

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
My first job - other than cutting grass and shoveling snow - was as a dishwasher. I'd come home at night reeking of sour salad dressing and gravy. But I loved it. It meant I no longer had to ask my dad for money so I could go on dates. It was my early taste of FREEDOM!

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...