The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20year old uni dropout

13X

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 8, 2017
Serbia
I went to the best elementary school in my city then the best high school got into a good uni with no preparation and since I had a high score it was free.

It was going well at first professors liked me but once my depression got worse my OCD was at its worst to the point I injured myself several times, felt like a heroin addict without any drugs or drinking and constant anxiety attacks for no particular reason, losing up to 2-5hours every day just on compulsions and rituals.

So i quit , lost a lot of time on series,movies,even tried esports got to top 100 eu/us in an older rts game but it wasn't all wasted .Read over 150self development books ,was listening to Eckhart Tolle everyday,meditating, working out,drastically improved my mental health.
I recall reading DeMarco's book while i was still at uni and watched all his videos on youtube(wonderful waterfall) took some action didn't lead to much but was in a terrible mental state back then.

My current financial plan is to be hopefully consumed by nuclear fire or pass from post nuclear radiation but my body is probably immune from the uranium bombs during the late 90s so that's out the window.

I'm not looking foward to a Serbia minimum wage of 200$ per month so i need to work a lot on my financial situation which is quite poor as i am broke and clueless.

I have scored high on a mensa IQ test so I'm a bit smart (with all the drawbacks this brain has to at least have some upside to it) So that and time are my only assets

I would greatly appreciate if someone could point me in a direction , give some detailed practical steps i should take long term for financial abundance.
Also a short term solution for sustain(food,living) advice would be helpful aswell.
PS. please no coding i don' t need another round of clinical depression
Thanks for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

0VO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 8, 2016
Ontario
Well we don't really know enough about you to know what you would like to do in life. You dropped out of university, so what are you doing, what do you Plan to do next? What are your strengths? People can't just pick you out of oblivion and point you to the road of financial success, like it's one certain highway you need to get on - it all depends on what city you're going to, and then others can help you change a tire if they see you 120miles down the highway with a flat.

You have to face reality and realize, that no one cares about problem x,y,z, no one. They might say they do in person, but five minutes from then they probably won't. I understand you are dealing with depression and how difficult that can be, all I can suggest is to hang in there and Never Give Up.. Figure out exactly WHY you are depressed and then work to change that - is it your financial situation? your health? family? (A doctor might say chemical imbalance, you can get "medicine" to "cover up the symptoms" if that helps get you moving again.) But you'll never truly move past it unless you change your Situation and Mind-Set.

[some other points]

Your perceived smarts based on a school test grade, or an IQ test will not make or break your ability to be successful.

Need money for food and shelter, get a job? (Can't go work at McDonalds, find something you can do online or from home.) Do you have family you can live with? Friends? Public Shelter?

Advice for long term abundance .... Spent Less than you Make.

Your display picture to Me depicts hopelessness, as the money chase is endless. Set some Specific goals and work your *beep* off!

Good Luck OP! <3

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 27, 2016
Sydney
Get a full time job. It will put everything into perspective. You will realise how valuable time is and the harsh reality of the working world.

KeepGoin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Mar 17, 2016
start running, you need to do something to calm your mind as you seem all over the place to me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...