The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

“Being rich is immoral” and other anti-wealth / anti-capitalist beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dignium

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Oct 6, 2017
San Jose, CA Bigg Biz Cluster of Software Fastlane

The writer behind this has yet to see
the truth that we know. Her argument centers around the “I’m poor because you’re rich” fixed wealth fallacy. She sees that massive wealth is created because of producing massive marketplace value, and she doesn’t see how that makes everyone wealthier. (did the millions that paid a quarter to watch basketball not get value in exchange?)

She closes her article with a proposal:

We can define something like a “maximum moral income” beyond which it’s obviously inexcusable not to give away all of your money. It might be 5o thousand. Call it 100, though. Per person. With an additional 50 allowed per child. This means two parents with a child can still earn $250,000! That’s so much money. And you can keep it. But everyone who earns anything beyond it is obligated to give the excess away in its entirety. The refusal to do so means intentionally allowing others to suffer, a statement which is true regardless of whether you “earned” or “deserved” the income you were originally given. (Personally, I think the maximum moral income is probably much lower, but let’s just set it here so that everyone can agree on it. I do tend to think that moral requirements should be attainable in practice, and a $30k threshold would actually require people experience some deprivation whereas a $100k threshold indisputably still leaves you with an incredibly comfortable lifestyle better than almost any other had by anyone in history.)“

So if you want to make a real impact requiring millions to get rolling, and desire a wealthier lifestyle than a low six figure slowlane lifestyle with no more than $50,000 per child. If you want to help world problems with hand-ups and not hand-outs - it is immoral and something to be ashamed of in the writers world.

Let’s assume for a moment that she is right. Her grassroots movement succeeds in instilling “maximum moral income” amoung the majority of people. Wealthy who convert to this toxic ideology give away & blow away their wealth and are reduced to slowlaners and sidewalkers. Most no longer facilitate their business empires. Innovation slows to a crawl because “I’ll be shunned, labeled and treated like a low life live if live richer than my peers. If I shunned from the rewards from the risk I take I’m better off with a job!”.

Sidewalkers complain about the lack of new thrills, slowlaners love the perceived morality boost, the Fastlane is wide open to Fastlaners ignoring the new moral imperative of the majority. And communists celebrate as they realize that while everybody is not 100% equal, the communist utopia has finally been reached. All is well for a couple years in the majority’s minds until societial progress stalls and we start sliding back to tribalism and we begin to lose the ability to make complex technologies because nobody was really incentivized to maintain the gears of production, much less innovate for new and better gears. Civilization withers and fails while people think it’s virtuous to live with less and less (want to see this mentality? Read the comments on articles at LowTechMagazine.com for a couple hours). For people in this hypothetical scenario, their only hope is the truth comes out before civilization irreversibly collapses.

Your beliefs are the foundation to your actions and will define your future. Let’s shine light on the anti-capitalist and anti-wealth beliefs that are silently & unknowingly holding people back.

Share a link to an anti-capitalist or anti-wealth article that boils your blood and rebuke it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sorry but this is a political Pandoras box. I've been somewhat lenient to other topics that graze in this area, but I'm not gonna entertain this garbage here, much less attract people like this who think that they're the moral authority on what is rich, who has too much, who doesn't...

Nope.

Thread closed as politics, overt as this, is against the forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!