The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your biggest challenge is?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Thought I would start this thread,where we talk about our challenges and get feedback if possible.mine is the silence between me and my peer group, been working through 6 months to 6 figures and one task was to find 10 people who are where you want to be in life and have them give you an honest review of you.

Well, I didn't know 10 people who knew me well enough,that fit that criteria,doesn't mean my peer group
is lacking I have since, 2007, disassociated myself from people who don't push themselves, or hold themselves accountable my old peer group and only associated with people who did it is no surprise they earn 60k, 100k, or more annually.

But I see an awkward silence, between me and my peers so much, I reread "how to win friends and influence people", broke it into parts, really absorbed it this time,needless to say it is frustrating when people you admired for years and followed, don't have an opinion and if they do wont tell you.Even, if your doing an exercise to better your value.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
Ronnie,

I have no idea who Diane Hochman is, and don't know the context for "There is a reason Millionaires don't hang out with FANS". Didn't know millionaires had fans! Anyway, there are more then a few who qualify for that title here, and they're often the first to chime in when a broke-a$$ newbie shows up with a question, so I would challenge her observation. Nor am I familiar with 6 months to 6 figures but, I would argue those who are where you want to be are not your peers. You will need to seek out people who are where you want to be, and cultivate those relationships. It's not that hard and has been discussed here multiple times. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get feedback once you identify the right targets. Most successful people realize that helping others achieve success only enlarges their target market and as long as you're not a direct competitor will provide feedback and advise if asked sincerely.

As for your real peers, yep, most of 'em are going to drift away if they can't dissuade you from bettering yourself. They don't want you to leave the heard. Just forget about them. They can't help you become who you want to be, because they are not there and most of them never will be.

Cheers,
O-2

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
QUOTE ="OscarDeuce, post: 475867, member: 27736"]Ronnie,

I have no idea who Diane Hochman is, and don't know the context for "There is a reason Millionaires don't hang out with FANS". Didn't know millionaires had fans! Anyway, there are more then a few who qualify for that title here, and they're often the first to chime in when a broke-a$$ newbie shows up with a question, so I would challenge her observation. Nor am I familiar with 6 months to 6 figures but, I would argue those who are where you want to be are not your peers. You will need to seek out people who are where you want to be, and cultivate those relationships. It's not that hard and has been discussed here multiple times. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get feedback once you identify the right targets . Most successful people realize that helping others achieve success only enlarges their target market and as long as you're not a direct competitor will provide feedback and advise if asked sincerely.

As for your real peers, yep, most of 'em are going to drift away if they can't dissuade you from bettering yourself. They don't want you to leave the heard. Just forget about them. They can't help you become who you want to be, because they are not there and most of them never will be.

Cheers,
O-2[ QUOTE ]
[Peter has trained, coached and led thousands of Sales Reps, Managers, College Students, Professionals, CEOs/ Executives, Olympians and many others to very high levels of success. He has his own TV series on Grant Cardones Whatever It Takes Network called "The Entrepreneur Grind" and is the author of the 27-Time International Best Seller "6 Months to 6 Figures." He's invested tens of thousands of dollars into working w/ high level millionaires and billionaires, CEOs, and attended some of the world's most sought after personal and professional growth seminars. He's consulted and been hired by numerous top companies, and made his first million before he was 26.] And he is a very good friend of MJ DeMarco so I know I can believe in, Follow; and Trust Peter.

I thought about this, YOU never know who sees this, and when you will be called on your mistakes I quoted Diane, improperly, her exact words were "There was a reason Celebrities didn't hang out with FANS" a simple mistake like saying Millionaires instead of Celebrities could cause an uproar so I am holding myself accountable, owning my mistake,and correcting it.

Last edited by a moderator:

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Ronnie -

I understand completely how you feel. I had struggles with being around others that are very similar to yours.

Some of my biggest challenges:

1. Avoiding perfectionism
2. Being social

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads