The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

your best date ever

Banthaman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 15, 2008
Earth... yes that is specific
Reading through some of the worst date stories (Russ ....OMG, poor you!.. funny though) I was just wondering what some here have had for best dates. I'll post mine later today(kids calling atm).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
First date: Studied together for a psych exam.

Married the guy.

Lessons learned:
- Shared interests.
- Shared work ethic.
- Shared focus on moving forward.
- Marry someone who makes you laugh!

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Hmmm, I guess this depends on your definition of "Best"... haha... I was single for a lonnnnnnnnnng time, so I have a ton of these stories...

Sure, there was the time where I met my current girly -- where we watched football, and played darts, and sang Karaoke until dawn. That was an excellent date. She definitely turned out to be my soul mate...

But then there was also the time when I went out with the "Massage Therapist", where I found out an hour into the date she was actually a stripper, and then we ended up shopping at an Adult Gift Store, and heading back to her place by about hour 3.

haha ;)

- Hakrjak

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
kruch-

Either there is a loss in translation from your native Ukranian, or you're a spammer doing useless posts to pimp your signature link and are in the fastlane to being BANNED.

Which one is it?

Please explain what your post above means.

Thank you,

-Russ H.

Banthaman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 15, 2008
Earth... yes that is specific
Sorry long in coming.. After our initial setup date I had an invitation to a wedding from a friend from church. It was far more lavish than I had been use to but they had a full dance floor there and a wonderful banquet. After the parties contra dancing was the slow dancing. I'm not a fast guy so I was a bit taken a back by her closeness but didn't mind. Shortly after the reception we took a walk alone on the beach. Mark, this is the first time I had ever been alone with a woman in a relational/romantic sense. the lake was glistening in the moonlight on the most beautiful June night I can ever remember. We walked for about a mile on the brick walk along the lake (Lake Geneva) and came upon a shoreline gazebo. No music no, crowds, no noise, just a mist over the water with the moon dancing on the ripples and us dancing in the gazebo. I had often wondered how I was going to ask for someones hand in marriage , but then I knew. That was exactly how I wanted to, and 4 months later I did in still a way she didn't expect. To those who think to themselves as hopeless romantics... your only hopeless if you don't open up and try.

P.S. Someone I know once said, "the greater the ability to love, the greater the ability to hurt." I can not tell you in words how very true this is, but I can say to persevere through the greatest of sorrows builds strength that con only come on the other side, and you'll be better for it. Had I not gone through a living hell experience for the 3 1/2 years prior to meeting my now wife, I would never be able to communicate on the same level as her and quite possibly never know a life together with my soul mate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.