The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Yo Problems - a serious parody of a real app that should be a joke

D

Deleted21704

Anyone following the technology startup scene knows the amount of crap in it is reaching an all-time high.

You might have recently heard about an app called Yo that does some stupid stuff I didn't care to spend the time learning about. I know enough to know that it's stupider than what we previously considered stupid, and as a result, it's secured $1.2m in funding to 'build it out'.

As explained here countless times, in MJ's book, and by any businessperson with half a brain, sustainable businesses solve problems. Yo doesn't, and it struck such a nerve with me, I made a parody:

http://www.yoproblems.com

Enjoy, share, whatever...just stay the hell away from Yo.

And yes, I realize I'm giving them word-of-mouth endorsement by doing this but their product is so dumb it doesn't matter.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yousf

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Mar 8, 2014
Germany
Seriously, I love that idea. You basically sell shovels on a meta level (well, you are giving it for free). This is what I would call thinking outside the box.

D

Deleted21704

Seriously, I love that idea. You basically sell shovels on a meta level (well, you are giving it for free). This is what I would call thinking outside the box.

The way I've set it up, leads cost money. Ideas are free (as usual). In a perfect world, it would make money.

Marketing is a b*tch though.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
At least your idea does something real. I can't believe that app got funding... I'm going to release one called dude. If someone else could please release one named cool so that we can all communicate in dudes and cools that would be fantastic.

D

Deleted21704

At least your idea does something real. I can't believe that app got funding... I'm going to release one called dude. If someone else could please release one named cool so that we can all communicate in dudes and cools that would be fantastic.

Suggestion: make Dude the enterprise version.

Cool could be for the government & nonprofit sector. Yo could remain for consumers.

You could even start branching off and create DisappearingDude for a CyberDust-type version that disappears after a few seconds.

The possibilities are endless.

G

GuestUser113

When i first heard about it. I instantly thought razor ramon was behind. Chico

9ce64c6f023a7007e822f6f7aa77c49befd34f3f27b104f6a8515ad57668f266.jpg

D

Deleted21704

Interesting day. It's taught me one thing--the reason Yo works. People are idiotic imbeciles. They're so brainwashed from Twitter soundbites and Facebook trash they cannot open their minds up even one bit. Therefore, the only intelligence they are capable of articulating is 'Yo'.

Exhibit A, the most highly-rated comment on the reddit thread I started about this (the thread is titled "I'm protesting stupid startups, so I created a parody of Yo":

ScreenShot2014-06-20at81824PM.jpg

sambreaker20

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Apr 4, 2011
Omg this app change my life bunch of fake dumbass reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z6Evolved

[Danger Zone]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jun 25, 2014
VAB
I signed up for the solutions side. Looking forward to seeing what you dredge up with this net.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.