The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Will China overtake the US

Will China dethrone the US?

• Total voters

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2022
China's rapid growth is threatening the US in all sectors; AI, biotech, space, military might, economical power. Not tech though because of the huawei ban lol.

In my opinion, China might dethrone the US relatively soon between two to three decades or China will have an economical downturn which will take them way longer to be a superpower or get stuck as a middle income country.

Will China be the Major Superpower or how soon? and why?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Zealander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 20, 2020
European union
I mean it depends what you mean by "dethrone", even right now you could even make an argument that China has already dethroned US. I believe Chinas economy will continue getting bigger and bigger baring some unforeseen black swan event. Regarding the tech scene, you should really look into 996 there are videos about this in youtube. Basically in the tech companies there are people working from 9am - 9pm 6 days per week... They also have very dense cities with great public transportation which allows 20-30 million people share ideas, knowledge and create huge research, tech centers. (example: Shenzen). They also have a more effective form of government (not saying it is role model, of course there are some bad things happening in china as we all know). But what I mean by more effective is that they can easily plan 10-20 years in advance while in US/ other democratic countries it is impossible due to election pressures and the risk that your successor will prioritise different projects/areas.

So to summarise, it does seem right now that China is well on its way towards surpassing America.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Saw someone say this...

Social media in America rewards its youth by way of stupidity, dumb clickbait tricks, and worthless activities that have absolutely zero societal value, as if shaking your a$$ in your yoga pants is a necessary skill to survival.

Social media in China rewards its youth by way of intelligence, science, and ingenuity.

Gee, I don't know who's going to win that generational war.

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2022
Saw someone say this...

Social media in America rewards its youth by way of stupidity, dumb clickbait tricks, and worthless activities that have absolutely zero societal value, as if shaking your a$$ in your yoga pants is a necessary skill to survival.

Social media in China rewards its youth by way of intelligence, science, and ingenuity.

Gee, I don't know who's going to win that generational war

Saw someone say this...

In my opinion, even though our social media leaves much to desire, controlling it inhibits free speech and freedom.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Apr 17, 2017
China has already "dethroned" the US to a certain extent, although I don't necessarily think it was due to direct action by the Chinese, but rather a decline of U.S culture/corruption/bullshit on the U.S side. The future of the U.S seems to be Yoga pants and Social Media sorta like MJ stated above.

The last bastion of U.S power is the U.S dollar/reserve currency and even that is currently faltering due to the Ukrainian war and the harshest sanctions including the seizing of the U.S dollar reserve holdings of a sovereign power by the government who administers the reserve currency(US), that's a big no no if you want to keep reserve currency status. Any serious sovereign countries which don't consider themselves vassals/colonies will now begin to transition and look for alternatives(Gold, Crypto, Self Sufficiency, etc.). India, China, Brazil, Russia, etc.

The biggest threat to the United States right now is a death of the global economy and independent countries looking to become self sufficient in all areas, in order to bring those countries to heel you would need direct military action instead of dollar diplomacy/pressure. The Russia move against Ukraine is the biggest blow U.S supremacy has taken in a long time, if Russia succeeds in becoming self sufficient it's over for U.S hegemony.

Keep in mind the U.S also can be self sufficient and I don't think there are any big threats of invasion, it would just leave us stewing in our own juices, which would most likely end up worse than an invasion.

The U.S Military already knows it over, they just won't tell the public, see below:

". This book was further inspired by the apparent death of United States military dominance during a 2017 series of war games in which the United States lost against both Russia and China."

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
USA will win because they are more inclusive to the individual rights, and allows you to believe what you want. You can identify as a cat and shit in a litter box in USA. Therefore the USA will win because of personal freedom. China is not woke enough and so therefore will always lose.

Now excuse me while I try to find a gender neutral bathroom during my commercial break for my sporting event which involves a female competition where the dominant athlete was born a male.

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
As long as Mike tyson can beat Ip man we’re good. But idk thoooook

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
In my opinion, even though our social media leaves much to desire, controlling it inhibits free speech and freedom.

Has nothing to do with speech or freedom, but what the social media algorithm chooses to promote and compel fired feedback loops, hence triggering dopamine addictions in the impressionable, while rewarding moronic behavior and stupidity. In the west, that's dumb dance videos and duck lipped selfies, in China, it's actually things that matter, like an engineering experiment.

Metz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 12, 2019
NW Washington
Saw someone say this...

This sums up what I'm more worried about rather than economic/military comparisons. Also, in reference to controlled speech and censorship of media, you can be a free country that values intelligence and science. We, as a society, seem to place higher value on stupidity and incentivizing that instead.

We brag about our freedom then squander it with laziness, entitlement, and the false notion that no one will outcompete us.. and then simply get angry when someone does better without actually trying to improve ourselves to meet the competition head-on.

Then again, China's still reliant on Western markets to sell their products to until upward mobility and quality of life improves quite a bit domestically (they're still in the midst of an energy crisis, especially in their rural areas -- not to mention countless other problems the CCP keeps mum about). But one could say it's a prudent move to take advantage of the lazy Westerners and keep them happy just enough to milk them for the most money.

Question we should be asking is how eager are we to be livestock, whether or not for the benefit of other countries? Looking around at the state of affairs in the U.S., I don't like the answer.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
331%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Has nothing to do with speech or freedom, but what the social media algorithm chooses to promote and compel fired feedback loops, hence triggering dopamine addictions in the impressionable, while rewarding moronic behavior and stupidity. In the west, that's dumb dance videos and duck lipped selfies, in China, it's actually things that matter, like an engineering experiment.
This sums up what I'm more worried about rather than economic/military comparisons. Also, in reference to controlled speech and censorship of media, you can be a free country that values intelligence and science. We, as a society, seem to place higher value on stupidity and incentivizing that instead.
You have to ask yourself whose interest it is to dumb down the population, and you’ll discover that both inside and outside the country there are groups who share this interest in common. Inside because of greed and desire for dominion, and outside because they want to see a weakened US.

otek

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jul 26, 2021
It makes one sad when once prestigious universities in USA are taken by "woke" viruses. Competency is not valued as it used to be. Western values seem to be eroding. Did good times create weak men?

China on the other hand seems to have hunger for success. It focuses on the things necessary. Science engineering building things etc.

Metz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 12, 2019
NW Washington
You have to ask yourself whose interest it is to dumb down the population, and you’ll discover that both inside and outside the country there are groups who share this interest in common. Inside because of greed and desire for dominion, and outside because they want to see a weakened US.
Again, this is what I'm more worried about than the original question. Much easier to control sheep than wolves.

Dr5x

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 10, 2021
Switzerland
China's rapid growth is threatening the US in all sectors; AI, biotech, space, military might, economical power. Not tech though because of the huawei ban lol.

In my opinion, China might dethrone the US relatively soon between two to three decades or China will have an economical downturn which will take them way longer to be a superpower or get stuck as a middle income country.

Will China be the Major Superpower or how soon? and why?
here is the long answer - highly recommended!

41c7pa262UL.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.